[Q] Help : process com.android.settings stopped unexpectedly

Tip us?

youbethor.detzatze
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Help : process com.android.settings stopped unexpectedly

Hello,

This is really annoying. It is the 5th time it happened to me since i bought my Dell Streak. Using the Power Control widget, i choose the bluetooth, and it shows an error message saying : "Sorry ! The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." . The last time i had this, i had to do a factory reset. Somebody on internet had indicated to install the bluetooth widget. Yes, with it i can stop the bluetooth. But as soon as i start it again, the same message will be shown. I tried to reboot, remove the battery, etc... but nothing, still the same problem. Is there any solution for this? I hate to do another factory reset.

I am on 2.2.2, build 15609, rooted, that's it. Help is really appreciated. Thanks in advance

YD

caophi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by youbethor.detzatze View Post
Hello,

This is really annoying. It is the 5th time it happened to me since i bought my Dell Streak. Using the Power Control widget, i choose the bluetooth, and it shows an error message saying : "Sorry ! The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." . The last time i had this, i had to do a factory reset. Somebody on internet had indicated to install the bluetooth widget. Yes, with it i can stop the bluetooth. But as soon as i start it again, the same message will be shown. I tried to reboot, remove the battery, etc... but nothing, still the same problem. Is there any solution for this? I hate to do another factory reset.

I am on 2.2.2, build 15609, rooted, that's it. Help is really appreciated. Thanks in advance

YD
I am having the same issue Even though I did a factory reset. The problem persists!

So please help me ...

keithos7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default some great people out there

Just wanted to respond to this thread and express thanks that there are some great altruistic people out there. My Dell Streak had the same problem of being unable to access settings/wireless. Googling and distilling advice, the way that avoided a nightmare factory reset for me was a combination of Free Power Widget by BK Mobility and APN Backup and Restore by Ritesh Sahu, both free from Android Market. I backed up the APNs then deleted them. I put the Free Power widget on my desktop and was able to deactivate and activate my wifi. I was able to then access settings/wireless again but (obviously no APN settings) so exit and restore the APN settings fron Ritesh' app. And all is right with my mobile world again and a big thank you to the developers of these 2 apps. Now off to Android Market to give them top ratings.

donalgodon
Old
Thanks Meter 617
Permission repair often helps with these kinds of issues.
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900)
ROM: [KitKat][4.4.2]Stock N900UBUDNB2 FEB 14, 2014 CF-Auto-Root
RADIO: N900UBUDNA1
KERNEL: Stock
RECOVERY: CWM 6.0.4.7
WARRANTY BIT: 1

Quote:
“He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is folly and shame to him.” Proverbs 18:13

rajatsood
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I am using dell streak 2.2.2 with streakdroid 1.9.1
After using it for 3-4 days everything started force closing.
For eg.-
process com.google.process.gapps
process com.android.mms
process com.google.android.gm
process com.cooliris.media
etc etc....
I factory reset my phone nd den tried it again but again the same problem after 2 days..And a lot of other downloaded apps also start force closing. I am fed up of factory resetting my phone again and again.

Thnx..