Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,372 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][OC/UV/Governor][GPU OC][GB][21 June]Control Freak 0.5beta (NEW!!)

Tip us?

bballer182
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane87 View Post
@bballer182 - No, I am not adding lmk settings to control freak. Control freak is too crowded as it is, and the lmk settings would seriously over stuff one app. Instead, I am going to write a seperate app for lmk settings, plus I am adding, at ex's request, controls for zram size, swappiness, and maybe another thing or two that deal with memory use/management.

@aalh - good to see you back!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897
Very cool!

faithhh
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Following...

corgar
Old
Thanks Meter 120

DONATE TO ME
any news on this? any chance to save settings on sdcard to load after a wipe?

shane87
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 208

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgar View Post
any news on this? any chance to save settings on sdcard to load after a wipe?
For control freak there probably won't be many more updates. The reason for this is 1) the gui is the biggest issue right now, what with the gpu oc status line disappearing at random, but I STILL can't track it down, 2) gpu oc is the only part that needs any updates, and existz has removed user configurable gpu oc, since it doesn't work, 3) I am currently spending all of my time on the lmk settings app for talon kernel.

As far as giving an option to save the settings to sdcard, it won't happen. The whole reason some kernel installs wipe voltage settings is to prevent you from setting incompatible values between kernel updates. For example, if the kernel originally has 6 states, and one is removed in an update, leaving the voltage settings as-is would cause unpredictable behaviour due to the fact that voltage settings would try to set values for 6 states when only 5 exist. So I am not going to give the option to save the settings to sd, as that would completely defeat the purpose of wiping voltage settings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897

CuriousTech
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
That would be a nice feature, and I can see it causing many problems. A future idea would be to save profiles in app data space so that Titanium Backup would grab it. They could be saved, but only restored if they match the current config (number of steps for OC, etc.), or overwriting the steps that exist in both and requiring the user double-check the result. Could be a little complicated though.
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate :: CyanogenMod 11
Acer Iconia A500 :: TO 4.3.1
Generic Telechips TCC8900

PngMagic <- My image tool

suntzu123
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I need a little help here. I used Talon's kernels from 0.3.1 with the newest controll freak 0,5 beta.

I change GPU setting nothing happened. Now more score at GPU benchmarks, like nenamark, quadrant.What to do?

Is there 100% sure verssion that's working?

Im using i9000 with JVP.

pikachu01
Old
Thanks Meter 4497
GPU OC is not working from day 1. It's been removed ever since. Don't use it as it doesn't even work (confirmed by the original dev that wrote/commited the code)

suntzu123
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
GPU O/C Capable Kernels for Captivate:
Talon 0.3.1 by eXistZ -Released to public
Le Kernel du Jour by TheEscapist - CM7, may be only available on private test versions, talk to TheEscapist for more info
Glitch Kernel by glitch - CM7, may be only available on test versions, talk to glitch for more info
So it's possible to OC GPU only on Captivate phone? Or I did not understand first post?

pikachu01
Old
Thanks Meter 4497
You can PM existz for more information, but the kernels that implement GPU OC using the same code that existz published would get the same results: GPU OC not working. Hence it was removed in later versions of Talon. Check out the thread here:
Captivate:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=16574548
i9000:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1106075

suntzu123
Old
Thanks Meter 16
id hope... that it worked.... Some people said its working so... it would be really cool.

"disabled GPU OC (does not fully work yet)" this mean that partially is working :P

so now I'm 100% sure that is not working... but app look really cool. Nice design ;0

Tags
gingerbread, governor, oc/uv, talon, voltage control