FORUMS

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

[ask] s-off desire s

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By king_elino, Junior Member on 11th May 2011, 10:02 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
i hope you can be patient about this newbie questions :

it seems that i will buy DS this month.
and cause HTC lock the bootloader, i think i must have s-off for full customize.

and my questions :
1. are the warranty "off" if i my phone get s-off?
2. what's the bad case getting s-off (hardware and software) ?
3. besides xtc clip, is there another tools to have s-off?
4. can we use desire tools ( hardware ) to s-off desire s ?

many thanks..
Last edited by king_elino; 11th May 2011 at 10:03 AM. Reason: edit.
 
 
11th May 2011, 10:15 AM |#2  
ben_pyett's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
Thanks Meter: 1,997
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_elino

i hope you can be patient about this newbie questions :

it seems that i will buy DS this month.
and cause HTC lock the bootloader, i think i must have s-off for full customize.

and my questions :
1. are the warranty "off" if i my phone get s-off?
2. what's the bad case getting s-off (hardware and software) ?
3. besides xtc clip, is there another tools to have s-off?
4. can we use desire tools e( hardwar ) to s-off desire s ?

many thanks..


Answers

(although you'll find these by searching and reading the forum further)

You don't achieve root using the XTC Clip, but, currently the only way to make you phone root is to first make it S-OFF (using XTC clip)


1 Yes - you invalidate your warranty and I don't believe that you can S-ON again.

2 The XTC clip route to S-OFF appears to safe, although you perform it completely at your own risk! to indicate how safe I intend to get my phone done by this route next week.

3 Not currently, people are working on a software method for this phone and Incredible S but haven't got there as yet.

4 If you mean, can you use the same XTC clip device for the older DESIRE as the DESIRE S the answer is yes, although I believe that you need the latest firmware/drivers for the XTC clip in order to get DESIRE S support.
The Following User Says Thank You to ben_pyett For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2011, 10:43 AM |#3  
king_elino's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_pyett

Answers

(although you'll find these by searching and reading the forum further)

You don't achieve root using the XTC Clip, but, currently the only way to make you phone root is to first make it S-OFF (using XTC clip)


1 Yes - you invalidate your warranty and I don't believe that you can S-ON again.

2 The XTC clip route to S-OFF appears to safe, although you perform it completely at your own risk! to indicate how safe I intend to get my phone done by this route next week.

3 Not currently, people are working on a software method for this phone and Incredible S but haven't got there as yet.

4 If you mean, can you use the same XTC clip device for the older DESIRE as the DESIRE S the answer is yes, although I believe that you need the latest firmware/drivers for the XTC clip in order to get DESIRE S support.

thanks for the answers mate
another question :
beside xtc clip, is there another hardware to s-off desire?
because i can't find in my country people who have the xtc-clip..
11th May 2011, 11:01 AM |#4  
ben_pyett's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
Thanks Meter: 1,997
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_elino

thanks for the answers mate
another question :
beside xtc clip, is there another hardware to s-off desire?
because i can't find in my country people who have the xtc-clip..

No. It's only way (at the moment)

Although I know that I've read other posts of many Indian users with DESIRE S that are also looking for XTC in India and were talking about going in together to purchase one, but I can't remember whether they were in this forum, the Desire S Android Dev one or in one of the Incredible S forums..

So best you start looking/reading and then contact one of them directlt... best of luck.
11th May 2011, 02:35 PM |#5  
king_elino's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_pyett

No. It's only way (at the moment)

Although I know that I've read other posts of many Indian users with DESIRE S that are also looking for XTC in India and were talking about going in together to purchase one, but I can't remember whether they were in this forum, the Desire S Android Dev one or in one of the Incredible S forums..

So best you start looking/reading and then contact one of them directlt... best of luck.

HOOO.. tanx a lot mate..
but i'm from indonesia.. not india..
11th May 2011, 02:44 PM |#6  
ben_pyett's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
Thanks Meter: 1,997
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_elino

but i'm from indonesia.. not india..

Opps my bad!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes