Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,846 Members 51,023 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REL] FroyoBeam: Gingerbread's screen on/off animation for Froyo | v001 | 27-05-11

Tip us?

doixanh
Old
(Last edited by doixanh; 27th May 2011 at 09:32 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4759

DONATE TO ME
Default [REL] FroyoBeam: Gingerbread's screen on/off animation for Froyo | v001 | 27-05-11

Intro
First of all, this is not a module

I'm trying to port Gingerbread's TV screen on/off animation to Froyo. Those f**ckin cool animations are the only reason for me to use GB!. I'm happy with Froyo, as everything works, and smoother feelings.

Progress
- Screen on : Good.
- Screen off : Good.
- Animation when screen timed out : Good.

Release
May 27th, FroyoBeam source is pushed to my github : https://github.com/doixanh/X8Features

Notice
We (the X8 users) spent some time testing the animations in my FroyoBread, and it seems to be good. I modified CM6 source, so it may not compatible with some ROMs. If the compilation fails, check inside the published source and take the lines around "dx" to your ROM's source.

More notice
0. This is a work-in-progress. I don't care that it's on xda-news or not. This is my attempt to satisfy my need (GB animations on Froyo). And I saw somebody saying it should be finished before being posted on xda-news. Did you fully read the news?
Quote:
This hasn’t been released yet, due to the developer wanting to make sure it works perfectly, and he has kindly asked that you do not ask when it will be released
1. This mod should be compatible with most devices
2. These animations cannot be packaged as an update.zip, because
3. Lots of things are modified inside the CM6 source, not modding xml files and so on, and
4. The "release" that I mentioned will be a source release, and is intended to be used by ROM builders.
5. End-users will have to wait for their ROM builders to rebuild the ROM with patched source.
6. My FroyoBread ROM is built with personal purpose, and for experimenting my source code modifications.

Enjoy, ROM builders and users
IScreamDX v004 | GingerDX v028 | GingerDX v015 for GT-I9000 | LinuxDX v004 | FroyoBread v023b FINAL | X8Gesture v007
X8Slide2Wake | X8Overclock v004 | X8Undervolt v001 | X8MDDI v001 | X8Kconfig v001 | X8Netfilter dev | FroyoBeam dev | X10MPMultitouch

shakira/gdx31stock - best experience ever | p1/sgt7 | anzu/cm7 | [galaxysmtd, maguro, mako]/slimbean

An yawning TeamFun member.
The Following 55 Users Say Thank You to doixanh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aldee_s
Old
Thanks Meter 56

DONATE TO ME
Great, so people like the animation too.

Well, what files that related to the animation?
My Devices :

- Google Nexus 5
- Google Nexus 7 (2012)
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro
- Apple iPhone 4s

cruizz
Old
(Last edited by cruizz; 11th May 2011 at 03:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20
gosh...this is what im waiting for ...old tv screen off..it's gonna be awesome

Graveir
Old
Thanks Meter 236
Are you going to make one specific animation, or are you getting a few of them? Or are there even multiple to choose from?

Also: is it a script that runs some animation files? What are these, gifs, mpgs, avis? Because we could create additional ones and simply replace the animations within the script (if it works like that).
| White X8 | FroyoBread ROM | OC 768 MHz | CRT animation & other features |
| alfsamsung's theme | GO Launcher Ex | Gre home theme | Droid Sans Font |
| GO SMS pro | GO weather widget |
| doixanh FTW! |

auphone
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Awesome can't wait !!

doixanh
Old
Thanks Meter 4759

DONATE TO ME
WTF guys? Don't spam this thread with something like "yeah I like that..."

Stop spamming until the topic doesn't contain [DEV]
IScreamDX v004 | GingerDX v028 | GingerDX v015 for GT-I9000 | LinuxDX v004 | FroyoBread v023b FINAL | X8Gesture v007
X8Slide2Wake | X8Overclock v004 | X8Undervolt v001 | X8MDDI v001 | X8Kconfig v001 | X8Netfilter dev | FroyoBeam dev | X10MPMultitouch

shakira/gdx31stock - best experience ever | p1/sgt7 | anzu/cm7 | [galaxysmtd, maguro, mako]/slimbean

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to doixanh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Graveir
Old
Thanks Meter 236
I don't consider my post spam. I'd like to prepare new animations (if I'm able to prepare them in the output format), so I'm asking specific questions.
| White X8 | FroyoBread ROM | OC 768 MHz | CRT animation & other features |
| alfsamsung's theme | GO Launcher Ex | Gre home theme | Droid Sans Font |
| GO SMS pro | GO weather widget |
| doixanh FTW! |

doixanh
Old
Thanks Meter 4759

DONATE TO ME
This is stock screen on/off animation from gingerbread. You can see the clip. It's nothing to do with new animation or output format.

It's hard-coded inside android source.

The Following User Says Thank You to doixanh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

c0dex
Old
Thanks Meter 380
is it only for froyo? wat about eclair?

aldee_s
Old
Thanks Meter 56

DONATE TO ME
I am asking, what files that related to the animation? I want to know, not just saying i like the animation.
My Devices :

- Google Nexus 5
- Google Nexus 7 (2012)
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro
- Apple iPhone 4s

Tags
froyo, on off animation, screen