Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,506 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S I9003 sl Freezing,crashing rebooting

Tip us?

woozydevotee
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Galaxy S I9003 sl Freezing,crashing rebooting

i have a month old galaxy s i9003 sl running the latest froyo build, i rooted it using one click root, for the past few days my phone would sometimes just freeze up when i try to do something, i have installed loads of apps 144 to be precise, most are on the sd card, is that a problem? one thing i have observed is when i switch on wi-fi and the immediately try accessing an app the phone freezes up, although this isnt the only time that happens.

please advice

trip007in
Old
Thanks Meter 645
Whenever you post anything related to ROM, it is a good practice to mention which version of android you are using including firmware PDA version. As of now many ppl are facing freezing issues on I9003, due to initial unfinished FW versions, but some ppl did not face these problem eventhough the same version of ROM they are using. It could be a single apk file which may be incompatible and responsible for freezing your phone. Try to take logcat using ADB, if the freezing is frequent or if the pattern is known or try upgrading the FW to a different region like XXKB3 (though I dont know where you are from). Some ppl have reported SOD on XXKB3 also but some did not face it, so try your luck.
GIONEE ELIFE E3 | CWM 6.0.3.3 | MY OWN ROM 4.2.1 |
NOTE 2/ SG-N7100 Omega v12 ●►Jelly Bean 4.1.2[/COLOR]
MOTOROLA XOOM 3G UMTS_EVEREST/ MZ601 MY ROM DREAMCWLI-4.2.1 for UMTS EVEREST
MY WORK
(CWM recovery) GIONEE ELIFE E3 CLOCKWORKMOD v6.0.2.8
I Dont have these device anymore
SAMSUNG SGSL(GT-I9003)| GB-DDLF2|Root|Odexed|-
SAMSUNG SPICA(GT-I5700)| ANDROID 2.1

The Following User Says Thank You to trip007in For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

woozydevotee
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Well i have the xxkb3 build on my phone, can you please elaborate about how do i go about using the logcat?

thanks

kkrraazzyy
Old
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,881

DONATE TO ME
For logcat use adb

trip007in
Old
Thanks Meter 645
open CMD (command prompt) Hope you know that. change directory to the adb tools folder
eg: cd E:/ and_sdk/ adb tools
Now type adb shell
You will see this "$"
type su, the sign will change to "#" after providing root permission from Phone.
now type logcat, wait for some time observe the activities that are flashing on cmd screen, these are the processes running in the background of phone firmware. Now perform the task or sequence of activities that freezes the phone and check the logcat. This will tell you exactly which process is causing problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woozydevotee View Post
Well i have the xxkb3 build on my phone, can you please elaborate about how do i go about using the logcat?

thanks
GIONEE ELIFE E3 | CWM 6.0.3.3 | MY OWN ROM 4.2.1 |
NOTE 2/ SG-N7100 Omega v12 ●►Jelly Bean 4.1.2[/COLOR]
MOTOROLA XOOM 3G UMTS_EVEREST/ MZ601 MY ROM DREAMCWLI-4.2.1 for UMTS EVEREST
MY WORK
(CWM recovery) GIONEE ELIFE E3 CLOCKWORKMOD v6.0.2.8
I Dont have these device anymore
SAMSUNG SGSL(GT-I9003)| GB-DDLF2|Root|Odexed|-
SAMSUNG SPICA(GT-I5700)| ANDROID 2.1