Galaxy S I9003 sl Freezing,crashing rebooting

11th May 2011, 06:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

82 posts
i have a month old galaxy s i9003 sl running the latest froyo build, i rooted it using one click root, for the past few days my phone would sometimes just freeze up when i try to do something, i have installed loads of apps 144 to be precise, most are on the sd card, is that a problem? one thing i have observed is when i switch on wi-fi and the immediately try accessing an app the phone freezes up, although this isnt the only time that happens.

please advice
11th May 2011, 07:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 646

1,143 posts
More
Whenever you post anything related to ROM, it is a good practice to mention which version of android you are using including firmware PDA version. As of now many ppl are facing freezing issues on I9003, due to initial unfinished FW versions, but some ppl did not face these problem eventhough the same version of ROM they are using. It could be a single apk file which may be incompatible and responsible for freezing your phone. Try to take logcat using ADB, if the freezing is frequent or if the pattern is known or try upgrading the FW to a different region like XXKB3 (though I dont know where you are from). Some ppl have reported SOD on XXKB3 also but some did not face it, so try your luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to trip007in For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2011, 07:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

82 posts
Well i have the xxkb3 build on my phone, can you please elaborate about how do i go about using the logcat?

thanks
11th May 2011, 07:52 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Flag XDA 24/7
Thanks Meter: 2,881

2,684 posts
Donate to Me
More
For logcat use adb
12th May 2011, 10:16 AM   |  #5  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 646

1,143 posts
More
open CMD (command prompt) Hope you know that. change directory to the adb tools folder
eg: cd E:/ and_sdk/ adb tools
Now type adb shell
You will see this "$"
type su, the sign will change to "#" after providing root permission from Phone.
now type logcat, wait for some time observe the activities that are flashing on cmd screen, these are the processes running in the background of phone firmware. Now perform the task or sequence of activities that freezes the phone and check the logcat. This will tell you exactly which process is causing problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woozydevotee

Well i have the xxkb3 build on my phone, can you please elaborate about how do i go about using the logcat?

thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread