5,596,354 Members 37,924 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How long should it take for a phone to reboot after flashing a ROM?

Tip us?

RedSuinit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How long should it take for a phone to reboot after flashing a ROM?

I flashed the GR-12 rom for my captivate, and first reboot is taking FOREVER. Not just that ROM either. Every ROM I try will sit in the first scree for Re-boot for 30+ minutes, and not do ANYTHING. I end up just re-flashing to stock using Odin and trying again just to get the same result... Help?

igagnidz
Old
Thanks Meter 12
it usually takes ~2-3 minutes on 2.2 and 2.3.3 roms after wipe flash... never took more than that

quarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 309
Mine took longer for the GB ROMs than FroYo, like 5 minutes or so.

If I were you I would delete all the files you are using and re-download a fresh copy of the stock GB. Then I would forget what steps you are using to install, and re-read all the instructions to make sure you didn't skip something.

After reading that it sounds condescending ... I don't mean it to be. My point is to start fresh. I don't know how many times my assumptions that I was doing it right caused needless repetition of the wrong process.

Sent from my Captivate running FireFly
i-mate JAQ > HTC 8525 > iPhone 3G > iPhone 3GS (it was a dark time in my life, I was confused) > Palm Pre > HTC Aria > Samsung Captivate > LG Thrill > Samsung Focus > Samsung Galaxy S II (I777) > HTC One X > Samsung Galaxy Note II (I317) > Samsung Galaxy S 4 (I337) + HP TouchPad