[GUIDE] Rooting the 10.1 Tab
Here's a quick run through on how to root the Galaxy Tab 10.1. I'm doing this for people (like me) that had a tough time getting the USB drivers to work after getting their Tab at I/O.
Assuming you have adb and the SDK set up on your Win7 machine, proceed.
1. Download the new USB drivers at http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...ing_Escape.exe
2. Reboot your machine
3. Plug the 10.1 Tab into USB
4. Download the root exploit at http://lts.cr/bqf
(or use allidoiswin.zip somewhere else)
5. Then, open up a command prompt ("cmd" under Run...)
6. Run the following commands:
adb push Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip /sdcard/Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip
adb reboot recovery
7. Once you're in recovery, select the zip file, then apply, then reboot.