Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 44,181 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Arrow Dolphin HD 5 Private Beta 1

Tip us?

sacredsoul
Old
(Last edited by the_scotsman; 16th May 2011 at 05:11 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 514
Angry [APP] Arrow Dolphin HD 5 Private Beta 1

Have Fun

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button!

EDIT : Woo, my 500th post! and ignore the Arrow in the title, no idea how it got there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	593744   Click image for larger version

Name:	device1.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	593745  
Get 15GB of cloud space free at Copy.com, plus an extra 5GB free by using this link (I get 5GB free too).

Phones Used:
Nokia 8250
Nokia 8310
Nokia 3200
Sony Ericsson K750
Sony Ericsson K800
O2 Atom
Nokia N80
Dopod 838 Pro
Apple iPhone 2G
Apple iPhone 3G
HTC G1
Apple iPhone 3GS
Nokia N900
HTC Legend
Apple iPhone 4
Dell Streak
LG Optimus 2X
Apple iPhone 4S
Apple iPhone 5
Sony Xperia Z

LG G2
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sacredsoul For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lexluthor
Old
Thanks Meter 149
With this run side to side with dolphin hd 4? Will you be posting updated betas or how else do we get them?

sacredsoul
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
With this run side to side with dolphin hd 4? Will you be posting updated betas or how else do we get them?
Nope. It installed on top of my version 4. Still, pretty stable for a beta. And if i can get hold of updated betas, Ill release them too.
Get 15GB of cloud space free at Copy.com, plus an extra 5GB free by using this link (I get 5GB free too).

Phones Used:
Nokia 8250
Nokia 8310
Nokia 3200
Sony Ericsson K750
Sony Ericsson K800
O2 Atom
Nokia N80
Dopod 838 Pro
Apple iPhone 2G
Apple iPhone 3G
HTC G1
Apple iPhone 3GS
Nokia N900
HTC Legend
Apple iPhone 4
Dell Streak
LG Optimus 2X
Apple iPhone 4S
Apple iPhone 5
Sony Xperia Z

LG G2

D3XX
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the link Sacred. Been waiting for this one...

sacredsoul
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3XX View Post
Thanks for the link Sacred. Been waiting for this one...
No problem

Phones Used:
Nokia 8250
Nokia 8310
Nokia 3200
Sony Ericsson K750
Sony Ericsson K800
O2 Atom
Nokia N80
Dopod 838 Pro
Apple iPhone 2G
Apple iPhone 3G
HTC G1
Apple iPhone 3GS
Nokia N900
HTC Legend
Apple iPhone 4
Dell Streak
LG Optimus 2X
Apple iPhone 4S
Apple iPhone 5
Sony Xperia Z

LG G2

wetbo529
Old
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Hey I was just curious as to why you would recommend this over the stock browser (cm7 nightly 75). I used dolphin back when I think it was in version 3 and although impressive I didn't really see the value in it. Just wondering if anyone can provide some user experiences. Thank you so much!

D3XX
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ummmm, yeeeeeah I would recommend it without a doubt. It's has the speed of a 4g stock browser i would say even on 3g and it loads pages very quickly.

ebbinger_413
Old
Thanks Meter 92
I'm not impressed. It is definitely better than the stock browser which is horrid - lack of features and loads extremely slow. However when compared to my daily browser, Opera, it feels gauky.

Compared to opera it loads just as fast, displays flash just as well, webpages look just as good. But the app itself just doesn't look good.

Dolphin has the tab bar on top, which makes it easier to access, but it isn't done well. I would rather have them remove that and use the tab page they have that is similar to sense previews. It takes up too much space and is IMO ugly.

The guesture menus are a great idea. And they are easy to bring up. Again, however, I don't like how they look. Either they should take up the whole screen rather than just part. Or have a transparent background so that they are "overlaying" the webpages.

Also, I had it FC on me a couple times while loading pages and changing settings. Not an issue for me as its beta.

The one thing I really like about it over any other browser I've used it that you can change the user agent in settings easily! Opera you can, but you have to edit the opera:config and its a pain.

sacredsoul
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbinger_413 View Post
I'm not impressed. It is definitely better than the stock browser which is horrid - lack of features and loads extremely slow. However when compared to my daily browser, Opera, it feels gauky.

Compared to opera it loads just as fast, displays flash just as well, webpages look just as good. But the app itself just doesn't look good.

Dolphin has the tab bar on top, which makes it easier to access, but it isn't done well. I would rather have them remove that and use the tab page they have that is similar to sense previews. It takes up too much space and is IMO ugly.

The guesture menus are a great idea. And they are easy to bring up. Again, however, I don't like how they look. Either they should take up the whole screen rather than just part. Or have a transparent background so that they are "overlaying" the webpages.

Also, I had it FC on me a couple times while loading pages and changing settings. Not an issue for me as its beta.

The one thing I really like about it over any other browser I've used it that you can change the user agent in settings easily! Opera you can, but you have to edit the opera:config and its a pain.
Remember, its the first beta. It'll get stable over time.

Phones Used:
Nokia 8250
Nokia 8310
Nokia 3200
Sony Ericsson K750
Sony Ericsson K800
O2 Atom
Nokia N80
Dopod 838 Pro
Apple iPhone 2G
Apple iPhone 3G
HTC G1
Apple iPhone 3GS
Nokia N900
HTC Legend
Apple iPhone 4
Dell Streak
LG Optimus 2X
Apple iPhone 4S
Apple iPhone 5
Sony Xperia Z

LG G2

ebbinger_413
Old
Thanks Meter 92
I know, that's why I said the FC's weren't an issue...

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe