Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[APP] Arrow Dolphin HD 5 Private Beta 1

OP sacredsoul

12th May 2011, 10:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 515

1,667 posts
More
Have Fun

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button!

EDIT : Woo, my 500th post! and ignore the Arrow in the title, no idea how it got there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	593744   Click image for larger version

Name:	device1.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	593745  
Last edited by the_scotsman; 16th May 2011 at 06:11 AM.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sacredsoul For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th May 2011, 11:01 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 163

1,643 posts
With this run side to side with dolphin hd 4? Will you be posting updated betas or how else do we get them?
12th May 2011, 11:06 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

1,667 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor

With this run side to side with dolphin hd 4? Will you be posting updated betas or how else do we get them?

Nope. It installed on top of my version 4. Still, pretty stable for a beta. And if i can get hold of updated betas, Ill release them too.
12th May 2011, 02:01 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Thanks for the link Sacred. Been waiting for this one...
12th May 2011, 02:14 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

1,667 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3XX

Thanks for the link Sacred. Been waiting for this one...

No problem
12th May 2011, 02:51 PM   |  #6  
Flag Scranton
Thanks Meter: 21

261 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey I was just curious as to why you would recommend this over the stock browser (cm7 nightly 75). I used dolphin back when I think it was in version 3 and although impressive I didn't really see the value in it. Just wondering if anyone can provide some user experiences. Thank you so much!
12th May 2011, 03:41 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Ummmm, yeeeeeah I would recommend it without a doubt. It's has the speed of a 4g stock browser i would say even on 3g and it loads pages very quickly.
12th May 2011, 04:28 PM   |  #8  
Flag Menasha, Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 93

359 posts
More
I'm not impressed. It is definitely better than the stock browser which is horrid - lack of features and loads extremely slow. However when compared to my daily browser, Opera, it feels gauky.

Compared to opera it loads just as fast, displays flash just as well, webpages look just as good. But the app itself just doesn't look good.

Dolphin has the tab bar on top, which makes it easier to access, but it isn't done well. I would rather have them remove that and use the tab page they have that is similar to sense previews. It takes up too much space and is IMO ugly.

The guesture menus are a great idea. And they are easy to bring up. Again, however, I don't like how they look. Either they should take up the whole screen rather than just part. Or have a transparent background so that they are "overlaying" the webpages.

Also, I had it FC on me a couple times while loading pages and changing settings. Not an issue for me as its beta.

The one thing I really like about it over any other browser I've used it that you can change the user agent in settings easily! Opera you can, but you have to edit the opera:config and its a pain.
12th May 2011, 04:35 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

1,667 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbinger_413

I'm not impressed. It is definitely better than the stock browser which is horrid - lack of features and loads extremely slow. However when compared to my daily browser, Opera, it feels gauky.

Compared to opera it loads just as fast, displays flash just as well, webpages look just as good. But the app itself just doesn't look good.

Dolphin has the tab bar on top, which makes it easier to access, but it isn't done well. I would rather have them remove that and use the tab page they have that is similar to sense previews. It takes up too much space and is IMO ugly.

The guesture menus are a great idea. And they are easy to bring up. Again, however, I don't like how they look. Either they should take up the whole screen rather than just part. Or have a transparent background so that they are "overlaying" the webpages.

Also, I had it FC on me a couple times while loading pages and changing settings. Not an issue for me as its beta.

The one thing I really like about it over any other browser I've used it that you can change the user agent in settings easily! Opera you can, but you have to edit the opera:config and its a pain.

Remember, its the first beta. It'll get stable over time.
12th May 2011, 05:34 PM   |  #10  
Flag Menasha, Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 93

359 posts
More
I know, that's why I said the FC's weren't an issue...

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread