5,604,219 Members 49,214 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Netflix

Tip us?
 
greengoldmello
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 507
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston
Default Netflix

They finally released Netflix for android..but its only for the g2, nexus one and s, evo, and a couple other phones. I just sold my g2 so I'm a bit jealous. Is it possible somebody can hack the apk?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App
 
Lootes
Old
(Last edited by Lootes; 12th May 2011 at 09:05 PM.)
#2  
Lootes's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 437
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Here is the apk compliments of the EVO 4g forum.

The app installs and you can log in to your Netflix account, but you cannot play videos, it tells you your device is not supported. If possible we will need to remove the device check.
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.netflix.mediaclient-1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.45 MB, 1735 views)
~Alex Luton
Twitter: @AlexLuton
 
photographdaddy
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jul 2010
Doesn't work for me. Just flashes and crashes.
 
brj0007
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh

 
DONATE TO ME
Damn. Just saw the news story about this. I was hoping to come over here and find an APk that worked. Oh well... soon I hope.
 
Spoo76
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 302
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Palm Beach South Florida
I read elsewhere on this forum it has to do with netflix only wanting it on the ARM processors. we may not ever see it on a tegra2 device which is a shame because id use that alot

I wonder if this is any different than the older version i have
I know streaming doesnt work but i wonder if any other changes were made
G1 CM6
N1 CM7
G2X RIP
Note2 stock Rom rooted Teamwin recovery.
 
greengoldmello
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 507
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoo76 View Post
I read elsewhere on this forum it has to do with netflix only wanting it on the ARM processors. we may not ever see it on a tegra2 device which is a shame because id use that alot

I wonder if this is any different than the older version i have
I know streaming doesnt work but i wonder if any other changes were made
Tegra 2 is arm. ..


Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App
 
KRAZYADROIDMASTER
Old
#7  
KRAZYADROIDMASTER's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 77
Posts: 1,429
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALuton View Post
Here is the apk compliments of the EVO 4g forum.

The app installs and you can log in to your Netflix account, but you cannot play videos, it tells you your device is not supported. If possible we will need to remove the device check.
And who can do that???
LG LGP999 G2X DARK ALE
MADE IN: KOREA
MANUFACTURE DATE 04/19/2011

STOCK

SANDISK: 4 GB CLASS 4 MICRO SD CARD.
 
Spoo76
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 302
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Palm Beach South Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengoldmello View Post
Tegra 2 is arm. ..


Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App
My mistake that may be the case but the thread i found the APK pointed out it was specific to caertain phones and processors like from HTC
G1 CM6
N1 CM7
G2X RIP
Note2 stock Rom rooted Teamwin recovery.
 
photographdaddy
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jul 2010
HTC and Samsung Nexus S according to the list of Netflix enable android devices on the Netflix site.
 
andrewNY
Old
#10  
andrewNY's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 261
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York
I tried the .apk on my G2x running stock 2.2. It immediately closes unfortunately.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes