Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 38,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen protector

Tip us?

slicknick27
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Screen protector

What screen protector are you using/plan on using? I got the zagg for the Incredible 2 as I don't think there's too many made for the phone yet aside from on eBay. It's my first zagg, and its alright. Would prefer something less sticky feeling though.

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA Premium App

bsteenson
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Gorilla Glass. No screen protector needed.

bsweetness
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsteenson View Post
Gorilla Glass. No screen protector needed.
Maybe not for fear of scratches, but one is definitely still desirable to help keep the buildup of various gunk on the screen down. All of those skin oils from fingers and the side of one's face add up over time, not to mention if the user has makeup, hairspray, hair gel, or any other number of products that get on the screen. If all of that isn't promptly cleaned off, it can become increasingly difficult to remove.

I'm considering picking up an Incredible 2, and if I do, I'll be picking this up:

http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-Ultimat...5296213&sr=8-2

After years of using every type of screen protector known to man, I've found Seidio's to be some of the easiest to apply (and reapply if necessary), they don't reduce the "feel" or touch sensitivity of the screen, and they last (the packages typically come with two, but I've never had to replace the first one I put on). I used them on my Droid X and currently have one on my Droid Pro.

slicknick27
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
Maybe not for fear of scratches, but one is definitely still desirable to help keep the buildup of various gunk on the screen down. All of those skin oils from fingers and the side of one's face add up over time, not to mention if the user has makeup, hairspray, hair gel, or any other number of products that get on the screen. If all of that isn't promptly cleaned off, it can become increasingly difficult to remove.

I'm considering picking up an Incredible 2, and if I do, I'll be picking this up:

http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-Ultimat...5296213&sr=8-2

After years of using every type of screen protector known to man, I've found Seidio's to be some of the easiest to apply (and reapply if necessary), they don't reduce the "feel" or touch sensitivity of the screen, and they last (the packages typically come with two, but I've never had to replace the first one I put on). I used them on my Droid X and currently have one on my Droid Pro.
I will take a look at that one thanks. I agree I feel like a screen protector is worthwhile just in case. I removed the zagg though and am using the one that came with the otterbox case now, which has a texture nearly identical to the bare screen. I didn't like the slight tackiness of the feel on the zagg.

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA Premium App

bsteenson
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
Don't know about this phone, because I've only had it a couple of weeks. But based on 16 months experience with the original Motorola Droid, I'd give the screen a quick huff of breath to provide a little moisture then wipe away with a microfibre cloth. I could polish that sucker until it was like brand new with only a little effort. After 16 months that Droid screen is still as smooth, slick and damage-free as the new Inc2 screen fresh from the box.

If you want a screen protector go for it, but I seriously can't see any need or benefit.

nayr1482
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I originally had the VzW screen protector that came with the "starter kit". It was an anti-glare style.

I hated it. It was only as big as the LCD so it did not cover the buttons or the top, etc...
The anti-glare washed the screen out IMO.

I ended up ordering the Seido ones bsweetness mentions above - I could not be happier!

sk0t
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Currently have the one from VZW that is the anti-glare one. Probably the same one nayr and others have had. I don't have any issues with it, but I may be a bit more forgiving I guess.
Current: HTC Droid Incredible 2 and Motorola Droid 2 Global.

Former: Blackberry Bold 9700, iPhone 3G, HTC Fuze, Samsung Epix, Treo 750, Cingular 8525, Cingular 8125, Audiovox SMT5600, other non-important junk.

nimdae
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Never used a screen protector on my Eris. It never had a scratch on the display. It was very easy to give it a quick wipe if needed. I had used keys on my Eris' display to show people why screen protectors really aren't all that better than a bare display.

The tempered glass on the I2 is much better than what was on my Eris. I still don't use a screen protector. I've taken a blade to the glass and it wouldn't scratch. It's easy to wipe off. No special cloth or cleaner required for typical use. Occasional cleaner might be needed with rough use.

Nothing will protect your display from a drop. That's my only worry.
Motorola DROID Mini
Running CM11 Nightly

Asus Transformer Book T100TA
Windows 8.1 until I can get Android working

zanix
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
I use Seidio screen protectors for my DroidX and my wife's Inc2 and I have been very happy with them
http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/spm1htncs.htm
It's so clear that I don't even remember that I have a protector on sometimes

I buy the 2-pack just in case, I still haven't used the second one for my DroidX
My Devices
Nexus 5 -[ CM 11 ]-
Nexus 10 -[ CM 11 ]-
Nexus 7 (2012) -[ CM11 Kang-aroo Kernel | Fixed Install for Car ]-

My old Windows Phone Titanium plugin PlayIt! v0.50

jrizk07
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Realook is hands down the best screen protectors i've used. It's too bad that they don't make it for the inc 2 yet.

They're completely invisible when applied, they feel exactly like the glass. I ended up purchasing the zagg invisible shield even though I hate how they "stick" when you try and use the phone. Although it gets better when you use it over time.