Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

[Q] Gameloft data issue (legit)

OP DeadlyDazza

12th May 2011, 11:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 80

627 posts
I bought a few games when Gameloft was doing the 1 a throw deal.
All working ok but i got round to starting the last one i got today, NOVA2.
Problem is, when i launch & it requests to download the further 403mb it quits soon after with the error message " The download could not be completed successfully, do you want to try again? "
Doesn't matter how many times I try i get the same error & it usually just starts from the beginning.

I emailed Gameloft support with my receipt but all they did was send me a link to redownload the apk, which hasn't solved the problem at all.

Anyone had the same issue?
12th May 2011, 11:28 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 14

161 posts
Iv got a few gameloft games installed with online capabilities on them and for some reason i keep getting thrown off the multiplayer services when playing them, so maybe it has something to do with their servers?
12th May 2011, 11:40 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

627 posts
I doubt it, seems to bug out on me at the same point every time, like, 30seconds into the download.
13th May 2011, 12:03 AM   |  #4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 13

593 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyDazza

I doubt it, seems to bug out on me at the same point every time, like, 30seconds into the download.

I had a similar problem. It should continue the download rather than restart from the begining. In the end when it asked me do I want to retry I selected no then restarted the app.

Once you start playing there should be no further issues like this.
13th May 2011, 12:51 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

627 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neptune

In the end when it asked me do I want to retry I selected no then restarted the app.

Tried that dude but it does bug out literally every 15-30seconds or so, and does restart from scratch after a few tries.
13th May 2011, 07:01 AM   |  #6  
Flag South, UK
Thanks Meter: 27

365 posts
More
Quote:

Tried that dude but it does bug out literally every 15-30seconds or so, and does restart from scratch after a few tries.

make a post on the gameloft forums, they will then ask for proof of payment then send you the fixed/updated file via email.
I've had 3 games with issues, all work fine now doing the above

http://forum.gameloft.com/index.php
13th May 2011, 09:41 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 6

78 posts
Happens to me all the time too. I generally reboot each time it stalls, and if it still won't work I remove all of the downloaded data from SD card & start afresh.

Pain in the a$$ for sure, I still have Backstab to reinstall & my latest game Starfront finally installed but quits after the intro move
13th May 2011, 11:46 AM   |  #8  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 907

6,478 posts
More
this has happend to me, i got around it by. deleting the SD data for the game off the SD card /sd/gamesloft/games/, then going to manage applications, and deleting the data for the app, then launch the game and do the whole download again
13th May 2011, 03:06 PM   |  #9  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 10

97 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroHero

this has happend to me, i got around it by. deleting the SD data for the game off the SD card /sd/gamesloft/games/, then going to manage applications, and deleting the data for the app, then launch the game and do the whole download again

same deleted the cache on the SD card and re-installed all ok after that
13th May 2011, 03:08 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:

I bought a few games when Gameloft was doing the 1 a throw deal.
All working ok but i got round to starting the last one i got today, NOVA2.
Problem is, when i launch & it requests to download the further 403mb it quits soon after with the error message " The download could not be completed successfully, do you want to try again? "
Doesn't matter how many times I try i get the same error & it usually just starts from the beginning.

I emailed Gameloft support with my receipt but all they did was send me a link to redownload the apk, which hasn't solved the problem at all.

Anyone had the same issue?

I had that issue but for me it turned out that a 32gb memory card id bought was a fake. fine when I went back to the 16gb that came with the phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread