Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,803,273 Members 44,745 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Gameloft data issue (legit)

Tip us?

DeadlyDazza
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Default [Q] Gameloft data issue (legit)

I bought a few games when Gameloft was doing the 1 a throw deal.
All working ok but i got round to starting the last one i got today, NOVA2.
Problem is, when i launch & it requests to download the further 403mb it quits soon after with the error message " The download could not be completed successfully, do you want to try again? "
Doesn't matter how many times I try i get the same error & it usually just starts from the beginning.

I emailed Gameloft support with my receipt but all they did was send me a link to redownload the apk, which hasn't solved the problem at all.

Anyone had the same issue?

shotgunfool
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Iv got a few gameloft games installed with online capabilities on them and for some reason i keep getting thrown off the multiplayer services when playing them, so maybe it has something to do with their servers?

DeadlyDazza
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
I doubt it, seems to bug out on me at the same point every time, like, 30seconds into the download.

neptune
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyDazza View Post
I doubt it, seems to bug out on me at the same point every time, like, 30seconds into the download.
I had a similar problem. It should continue the download rather than restart from the begining. In the end when it asked me do I want to retry I selected no then restarted the app.

Once you start playing there should be no further issues like this.

XPERIA PLAY - UNBRANDED

DeadlyDazza
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by neptune View Post
In the end when it asked me do I want to retry I selected no then restarted the app.
Tried that dude but it does bug out literally every 15-30seconds or so, and does restart from scratch after a few tries.

FK1983
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Tried that dude but it does bug out literally every 15-30seconds or so, and does restart from scratch after a few tries.
make a post on the gameloft forums, they will then ask for proof of payment then send you the fixed/updated file via email.
I've had 3 games with issues, all work fine now doing the above

http://forum.gameloft.com/index.php

Rixter757
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Happens to me all the time too. I generally reboot each time it stalls, and if it still won't work I remove all of the downloaded data from SD card & start afresh.

Pain in the a$$ for sure, I still have Backstab to reinstall & my latest game Starfront finally installed but quits after the intro move

AndroHero
Old
Thanks Meter 907
this has happend to me, i got around it by. deleting the SD data for the game off the SD card /sd/gamesloft/games/, then going to manage applications, and deleting the data for the app, then launch the game and do the whole download again
------------------------------------------------------------
My Device
HTC Sensation XL
Rom Version - 3 Musketeers Insanely Cool Sense v2.2.1
Baseband - 10.10.12_M
Kernel - 2.6.35.13

PHOENIXROSE
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroHero View Post
this has happend to me, i got around it by. deleting the SD data for the game off the SD card /sd/gamesloft/games/, then going to manage applications, and deleting the data for the app, then launch the game and do the whole download again
same deleted the cache on the SD card and re-installed all ok after that
Devices:
HD2 - LEO - Nandroid
HP Touchpad - CM9 + WEBOS
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (int)

aji666
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I bought a few games when Gameloft was doing the 1 a throw deal.
All working ok but i got round to starting the last one i got today, NOVA2.
Problem is, when i launch & it requests to download the further 403mb it quits soon after with the error message " The download could not be completed successfully, do you want to try again? "
Doesn't matter how many times I try i get the same error & it usually just starts from the beginning.

I emailed Gameloft support with my receipt but all they did was send me a link to redownload the apk, which hasn't solved the problem at all.

Anyone had the same issue?
I had that issue but for me it turned out that a 32gb memory card id bought was a fake. fine when I went back to the 16gb that came with the phone.