Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,721 Members 51,402 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] anybody have the new netflix app working?

Tip us?

Phrancis5
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] anybody have the new netflix app working?

Downloaded and installed fine on the G-tabrunning vegan-tab 5.1, but then popups keep saying it doesn't support this device every time I actually try to play something. Crap, the hardware should easily be able to run streaming hd video. Hope one of the XDA developers can fix this...

https://market.android.com/details?i...t&rdot=1&pli=1

acomiskey
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Tried the build.prop fix from nook color forums....no longer get compatible message but it bombs out when u try to play.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App
Nook Color MIUI @ 1.2GHz
Viewsonic G-Tablet Calkulin ROM/Pershoot Kernel @ 1.4GHz (my 2 year old son's now)
16GB ASUS Transformer (Prime 2.x)
DROID RAZR

forepj
Old
Thanks Meter 0
All indications are this won't run on Froyo. Anybody running a GB ROM getting Netflix working yet?

4Incredible
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by forepj View Post
All indications are this won't run on Froyo. Anybody running a GB ROM getting Netflix working yet?
It runs and streams content just fine on my stock Incredible running 2.2. And I have the app running on my gTab which is on Vegan 5.1.1, I just can't stream anything. I think its just a matter of Netflix only allowing a certain devices to access their servers and our tablet is not on the list (which is only 5 devices long at the moment).

4Incredible
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Sorry for the double post, but I found this fix quoted from Android Police in the Incredible section:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=44

I don't know if it will work on our tablets but it changes the build.prop file to make the device report itself as a HTC G2.

ensign.fodder
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default No love with modified prop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Incredible View Post
Sorry for the double post, but I found this fix quoted from Android Police in the Incredible section:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=44

I don't know if it will work on our tablets but it changes the build.prop file to make the device report itself as a HTC G2.
Did as outlined and it does "think" it is OK until it trys to play the dumps back to queue!

Thanks for the idea.
Wow that is an old sig - Probably from my Asus Transformer Running Clemsyn's Kernel OC 1.64 Ghz and Stock ROM.

4Incredible
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign.fodder View Post
Did as outlined and it does "think" it is OK until it trys to play the dumps back to queue!

Thanks for the idea.
No problem. I literally just a few minutes ago got the market working properly on my tablet by modifying the build.prop and I really don't want to mess with that file anymore unless I have to. I want to keep my market working.

But thanks for trying that. I figured it was worth a shot. Someone hopefully will eventually find a work around.

thegadgetrulez
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Working great on the Droid x! No luck on the gtab. Running overclocked,on 2.2.

Sent from my UPC300-2.2 using XDA Premium App
Dude, Wassup??

h3llphyre
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Fortunately, my Nexus One is supported. Works fantastic on that. A buddy has the newest MyTouch, won't let him even install it to that. However, both of our Vegan 5.1.1 Gtabs let us install, no go on playing, gives the popup.

Of course, it works on my 3.7" display device, but not on my 10" display... BOO!

ardy74
Old
(Last edited by ardy74; 14th May 2011 at 01:53 PM.) Reason: add reboot to workaround
Thanks Meter 18
Default Netflix running on my G Tablet

My G-Tablet is running CM 7.0.3 with Pershoot's 2.6.32.39 CM7 Kernel
I sideloaded the Netflix App then moved it to the SD card.
I am running the 10.3 update of Adobe Flash Player (not sure if this is relevant)

I modified 2 lines in my /system/build.prop file as follows

ro.product.model=HTC Vision
ro.product.manufacturer=HTC
REBOOT

Netflix is running smoothly on my G Tablet now.
This is a combination of fixes found in other device forums here on XDA.

I hope this helps!

link to apk file for netflix
http://www.mediafire.com/?k0iwa8c4tvaxr9s

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ardy74 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]