Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,692 Members 52,254 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Possible to use USB game controllers?

Tip us?

ilangoadigal
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 107
Default Possible to use USB game controllers?

Since the Iconia has a functional USB port I'm wondering if it is possible to plug in a USB game controller and use it to play on SNESoid or the like? Anyone want to test this out?

Shigster
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangoadigal View Post
Since the Iconia has a functional USB port I'm wondering if it is possible to plug in a USB game controller and use it to play on SNESoid or the like? Anyone want to test this out?
I think at the moment game controllers are not supported by honeycomb but I know when Ice Cream Sandwich comes out, game controllers will be supported from the get go.

You can try to use the Wiimote though and hopefully that will hold you out till October/Whenever it is released by Acer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shigster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sector51
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I will test later...i did not even come up with this idea.

nice idea btw !!! would be nice if it worked.

muqali
Old
Thanks Meter 95
3.1 is supposed to add support for a lot of these, right?
Android FOSS Repository - http://f-droid.org/

Shigster
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by muqali View Post
3.1 is supposed to add support for a lot of these, right?
You are correct sir

Quote:
Well basically that means you will be able to connect extra hardware to your Honeycomb device and use it via USB slots. While this wasn't solely geared towards gaming on your Honeycomb device, gaming will see a big benefit from it. Essentially, you'll be able to connect your XBox 360 and other controllers to your device and play your games using it. Great if you don't have or don't want an Xperia Play. -http://tinyurl.com/droidgamer
Please Acer unlock our bootloaders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cdkizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Yup, I read that 3.1 will add support for 360 wired controllers. Now I just need N64oid to come back on the market, dammit.

willbur73
Old
Thanks Meter 28
3.1 does add support, though each app will need dev updates to support input from the controllers. There are some xooms at bby where I work and I tested it there with an xbox 360 wired controller and n64oid. B-e-a utiful!

Sent from my DROID2 Apex 1.4 rom using XDA App