Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,085 Members 44,197 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] APK Viewer for Windows/Linux (File Explorer with icon)

Tip us?

ulissescg
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] APK Viewer for Windows/Linux (File Explorer with icon)

i have search the web/forum for a windows app that running on the PC you can see at least the apk icon, I have several apks on my PC but when Iím looking for an apk, is hard to remember the name or when trying a new apk is not enough just looking for the name, I may be more visual guy that if I see a nice icon I will try it jajajja
I just found this thread but look die..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=577735

is there some application or dev that can easily do an apk viewer, just looking inside the APK folder on the /res/drawable/ the apk icon shows, but how to make it shows at the apk compressed fileÖ

thanks

iT iS Me
Old
Thanks Meter 33

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulissescg View Post
i have search the web/forum for a windows app that running on the PC you can see at least the apk icon, I have several apks on my PC but when Iím looking for an apk, is hard to remember the name or when trying a new apk is not enough just looking for the name, I may be more visual guy that if I see a nice icon I will try it jajajja

is there some application or dev that can easily do an apk viewer, just looking inside the APK folder on the /res/drawable/ the apk icon shows, but how to make it shows at the apk compressed fileÖ

thanks
I am looking for such Windows Application since a time, have you found any way to see the icon. .

ulissescg
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
i'm looking for...

i just tried a Droid Explorer but i can not found a way to explore on the Actual PC. then i have try an other Windows program called Icon viewer but than only works on a dll and exe files, i try changing the extension but didn't work...

the only way that i think it should other that writing a windows applications is to use the emulator with a Virtual Device, then run a File Explorer APK and look in to it. i did but i try to find where is the SD Content in to the PC and i think i found it in to the /User/.android/avd but no lucky putting the apk file on it, i will check it later but i think that one way to do it, i need to read more about the content storage when using the emulator..

kblood
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Maybe someone could make an addon for Total Commander. Should be very possible to have it extract and use the icon inside the APK.

It already has addons for Blizzard MPQ files, C64 emulator files and Amiga emulator files. Seems very possible that it could get an addon to show this icon as well. I use it to browse APKs already.

ulissescg
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
i was checking File Expert and just notice you can share or see the SD card content from your PC, but also notice, the APK's you can see how the actual icon for the app looks like...

is there someone could make a modification to this that we will be able to see our Hard drive Apps also?? or could be also good to have a chrome or firefox extension that allow us so see the icon of the app, i'm not expert on this...

regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	3765
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	682017  
The Following User Says Thank You to ulissescg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djoshalfa
Old
(Last edited by djoshalfa; 22nd December 2011 at 10:27 PM.) Reason: editing image link
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulissescg View Post
i have search the web/forum for a windows app that running on the PC you can see at least the apk icon, I have several apks on my PC but when I’m looking for an apk, is hard to remember the name or when trying a new apk is not enough just looking for the name, I may be more visual guy that if I see a nice icon I will try it jajajja

is there some application or dev that can easily do an apk viewer, just looking inside the APK folder on the /res/drawable/ the apk icon shows, but how to make it shows at the apk compressed file…

thanks
I have created my own in C#
it doesn't display an icon on desktop, like normal windows app, but something look like this.

mmshn_love
Old
Thanks Meter 2
how to do?

ebraminio
Old
(Last edited by ebraminio; 1st March 2012 at 08:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
I think you must try this http://code.google.com/p/apkshellext
Ops, sorry

Actually I can not find delete post button
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ebraminio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

getmore2012
Old
(Last edited by getmore2012; 5th June 2012 at 06:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by djoshalfa View Post
it doesn't display an icon on desktop, like normal windows app, but something look like this.
That's wonderful! Would you please share this program?

VictorC666
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by djoshalfa View Post

Please could you share with us? thanx
Samsung Galaxy S III i9300 16GB Pebble Blue
Stock ROM IMM76D.I9300XXBLFB + franco.Kernel r15
CF-Root 6.4 + SuperSU + CWM5.5 + CWMManager

SanDisk microSDXC UHS-I Card 64GB Class 10 SDSDQU-064G-U46A FAT32
Using mods: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7

Press Thanks button if I helped you!

Nokia 3110 Classic --> Nokia 3310 --> Alcatel OT 501 --> Ericsson T39 --> Sony Ericsson T69 --> Sony Ericsson T610 --> Sony Ericsson K750i --> HTC Polaris TC --> Samsung Galaxy SIII

The Following User Says Thank You to VictorC666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
apk, explorer, viewer, windows