Originally Posted by zoo0828
I am currently hesitating of buying an Omnia2, please share your experiences of running Froyo on a daily basis, a few key areas would be good enough for someone like myself.
1. first of all, the known issues "- Call drops sound after 30 seconds, use call light application from Market as workaround & - Video not working"
I am dying curious about:
1.1 with the "call light" walk-around, can I expect a rather NORMAL call experience???
1.2 "Video not working", does it mean that I can not play video on the phone?
2. is the user data created or maintained in Froyo SAFE after all???
are those Android backup/restore tools working? say "Titanium Backup"
3. what about the battery life? a full day?
That's about all of what concerns me the most, any other clarifications would be appreciated.
Great thanks, gents.
Actually I would rather buy a stock Android rom phone rather than buying a Win-mo operated phone, but thanks to the developers, hopefully Android for Omnia 2 will be developed for daily basis.
1. Yes, once installed Call Light apps, you can call like normal without screen off issues.
2. 3GP/MP4 Video playback is supported as stated on the beta site.
3. User data might be a big concern, but you can always backup all your data on the phone to backup apps like Titanium backup, it's workable, the kernel is already rooted by default.
4.Battery life really depends on your daily usage. For me, listen to music 5+ hours and browsing internet through 3G, send 10-20 messages and receive few calls a day, can lasts for about 12-15 hours a day.
But seriously mate, this is still in beta stage and it's still not very suitable for daily usage if you're a heavy mobile user. This beta is to help those who desperate in using WinMo for years to get a taste of Android on their phone!
Again I'm not saying that Omnia 2 is not a good phone, it has pretty good processors chip and decent screen, but the main thing that draws this device down was the OS. So it's really up to you to make a choice between Android phones or WinMo phone.
To show appreciation and thanks note, just rate my thanks meter will be much appreciated.
PM me only if you have further inquiries, but please don't request for my personal email account.
**(For threads started by me) Please don't ask duplicated question, I will not answer your question. Make an effort to look through earlier posts first before posting.
GT-i9305 (Samsung S3 LTE)
Running Stock Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on I9305XXBLL5