I was getting sick and tired of the default "S", so I created a new bootanimation with a clean and simple concept while still stylish and technical. I call it "TechBoot" and I wanted to share it with the community.
Information about the animation:
I used several different programs to create the animation. For graphics and mock-ups the program used was Adobe Photoshop. For motion and effects I used Adobe After Effects. These programs made it easy to compose a High Quality animation. The bootanimations are in a zip archive format and are compatible with any kernel that supports "bootanimation.zip".
*Feedback is much appreciated and suggestions to future releases will be met by gratitude.
Version 1.0 | [14.05.2011]
- Initial Release
- Two variations
- Three resolutions for the first variation
- Only "bootanimation.zip" supplied
I take no responsibility for anything that you do to your phone!
Method 1: (Recommended)
- Download any "bootanimation.zip"
- Move zip to sdcard
- Enter any rooted file manager (ex. Root Explorer)
- Navigate either to "/system/media", "/data/local" or kernel specific bootanimation location
- Backup any previous "bootanimation.zip"
- Navigate to downloaded "bootanimation.zip"
- Copy to either "/system/media", "/data/local" or kernel specific bootanimation location (might need to be remounted RW)
Like my work? You can donate here: Donate