XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] shuting down phone with superuser

Tip us?

sniper8752
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] shuting down phone with superuser

i have my phone rooted. when i shut it off, the superuser screen stays on. is there any way to just totally shut off the screen?

DroidRunner
Old
Thanks Meter 491
Screenshot?

Sent from my HTC Aria using XDA App
Using whatever phone works.

tpbklake
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper8752 View Post
i have my phone rooted. when i shut it off, the superuser screen stays on. is there any way to just totally shut off the screen?
You are confusing the ClockworkMod screen with superuser screen. If you shutdown your phone with the USB cable plugged in, you will always be taken to the ClockworkMod screen because the original HTC Recovery module that contains the Battery charging icon is no longer there (replaced by ClockworkMod).

If you search this forum, there is a new version of ClockworkMod that you can install that will give you the battery charging icon back. I believe the version is ClockworkMod 2.5.1.7.

The other option is just leave the phone powered on when you charge it.

sniper8752
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
so i found the thread, but am not familiar with how to do this. it looks like post 6 is the one i want to download from? and then i would just move that recovery.img to my phone, and click on it, and it should install?

tpbklake
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper8752 View Post
so i found the thread, but am not familiar with how to do this. it looks like post 6 is the one i want to download from? and then i would just move that recovery.img to my phone, and click on it, and it should install?
Unfortunately the process is not that easy on an Aria. The actual process involves unrooting your phone by installing a 2.1 RUU and then running Unrevoked to re-root the phone. During the Unrevoked process, you would be able to choose a custom recovery to install and at that point you would choose the download zip.

To me it's not worth the effort. I just leave my phone on all the time while it's charging and that way the phone will go into sleep more and turn off the screen.