[BOOTLOADER BYPASS -WIP] EternityProject Kexec method for Motorola Olympus (Atrix 4G)
Welcome to Eternity Project!
So... as most of you know I'm working on the Atrix solution from TOO MUCH time.
With the collaboration of people on #moto-atrix I've stated that FUSES on Tegra2 are really OTP, so there isn't any way to CRACK the BL, but we can still BYPASS it.
So... what is it?:
kexec is a "fastreboot" that won't pass through the Moto Bootloader, so with it it's possible to use custom kernels
and, with some other development, custom Android systems
like CM7 and many others.
Where's the poop?
Okay, that's it: I've successfully compiled and ran kexec on the Atrix 4G, so that kexec works
, but it needs a kernel that can boot with kexec. On x86 we can build a relocatable kernel so no problems... but not on ARM and obviously not on Tegra.
The thing that is missing is exactly... _the address of the boot params_!
I'm only searching for help for completing the project and make a kernel that is bootable from my god-it-is-really-working-kexec. Any devs around?
- Kexec pack V0.01: DOWNLOAD
Kexec pack contains:
- ATAGS for MB860 (ATRIX_atags.tar)
- ATAGS hack module (eternity_procfs.tar)
- kexec module (eternity_kexec.tar)
- kexec tools/binaries (kexec-tools.tar)
- Kernel....that doesn't work. (eternity_kexec_kernel.tar)
So, what does work and what does not?
- ATAGS hacky hack: WORKING
- kexec module: WORKING
- kexec tools/binaries WORKING
- Kernel ToDo
How to run it:
0. FLASH AT&T 1.2.6 SBF PRIOR DOING ANYTHING
1. Extract all the archives
2. Insert the procfs_rw.ko module
3. cat atags > /proc/atags
4. Insert the kexec module
5. Run kexec for loading the kernel and jumping to it.
6. Boot! :|
P.S.: I won't release detailed how-tos because at this state I only need a DEVELOPER that can help me to build the kernel.
- PAulyHoffman (special thanks!)
- and many, many others....!