XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] GPS Fix for the GB Leak for the G2x

Tip us?

momentarylapseofreason
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by krylon360 View Post
Unless CM7 has a hidden menu for GPS, this fix will not work on it.

CM7 is pure AOSP, meaning, no LG hidden menu's.
While I understand that there are no LG branded menus, shouldn't there be a base Android application of some sort? Seems odd that there would be no way to adjust GPS settings without a MFG's application.

In addition, what would prevent us from adding the LG software back onto the phone in order to adjust things?

legoman666
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Changing the supl server to supl.google.com:7276 worked better than any of the other options.

I had the same problem on my Nokia N900. The default supl server was supl.nokia.com which is apparently Europe only. Why this was the default for the US N900 is beyond me. Changing it to supl.google.com reduced my gps fix time from 10-15 minutes to 5-10 seconds.

catr8
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by krylon360 View Post
So, after installing the GB Leak, I noticed that GPS was hosed. I was able to resolve this and get locks again by following the steps below. (This has also been confirmed by Atantian that it fixes GPS when going from the GB leak back down to 2.2.2)

dial 1809#*999#
Scroll down to GPS Test
Check Use Extended Conf File (this will be for gps.conf in /data/gps which I will include with the Bionix 2 release)
Click System Settings
Check Use XTRAS
Click SUPL Setting
Click SLP Server Setting
Here, you can test for best results. I am using the Spirent server
Hit back x3
Click Get Position
Hit Menu
Click Settings
Session Type> Single Fix
Oper Mode > MS-Based
Hit Back
Go outside in a clear view
Hit Menu
Hit Start.
Let it do its thing for 10-15...

You should be good to go.
Again, for SLP server, test each one out.

Once done, you can grab GPS Test from the market and should have instant locks.
Krylon I too, have issues when I enter the above mentioned code it just sit there searching ussd code; I entered the code exactly as stated also am on cm7 am an absolute noobe trying to keep up with you all but am lost with GB leak don't understand...please help

catr8
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldeman View Post
i am using 'go dialer' ... i noticed it didnt work either until i went to the stock dialer, then ussd code worked ... to get to stock dialer go to your apps then contacts
Can you clear up how to go to apps then contacts....

nraudigy2
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
Changing the supl server to supl.google.com:7276 worked better than any of the other options.

I had the same problem on my Nokia N900. The default supl server was supl.nokia.com which is apparently Europe only. Why this was the default for the US N900 is beyond me. Changing it to supl.google.com reduced my gps fix time from 10-15 minutes to 5-10 seconds.
Google server definitely works faster for me. It took 5 seconds to get an accuracy on GPS Test, that is the real lock.

Prod1702
Old
(Last edited by Prod1702; 15th May 2011 at 09:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 184

DONATE TO ME
Thanks this works great, but one problem I don't understand. The Use-Extebded Conf File, and Use XTRAS do not stay clicked after a reboot. I need to go back in and reclick them. Once they are clicked with the google server info i am getting great lock times.
Current Phone: T-Mobile HTC One (M8)
Phones not in use: G1, HTC Nexus One, LG G2X, GSM Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, HTC One, LG G-Flex, Note 3

If you don't have a Dropbox account join off me and get an extra 500mb of free space. http://db.tt/apgNbhRE

momentarylapseofreason
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by catr8 View Post
Can you clear up how to go to apps then contacts....
He means that if you are using a dialer other than the factory one, open up the application drawer and go click on the contacts icon. Then select the dialer.

If you are running cyanogen mod, this hack won't work though

lytener
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi there. May I have some help? I'm using the GB leak. Do you need a /data/gps gps.conf file? Looked in the thread and couldn't find one. The settings don't stick when I go through the steps. Are they supposed be unchecked when I hit back?

Neffstarr
Old
Thanks Meter 122
thanks for this i am on stock and it helped me,,
Note 2 _stock
SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 _Stock
Asus Transformer _Stock

overground
Old
Moderator & Developer Committee / Recognized Developer - xxxda-developers Founder
Thanks Meter 1051
Location: Oxnard, CA Likes: Los Angeles Lakers Dislikes: Heavy petting zoos
For those having problems, this post may help. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1299

T-mobile SDA, T-mobile G1 (bronze) Rooted, Nexus One Rooted 4.0.4, T-mobile G2x Rooted, Viewsonic G-tab 10.1", HTC OneX (SOLD), Kindle Fire Rooted, T-mobile SGS3 rooted, Note 10.1 rooted / GDE=360s of fun!! / pinkventure.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumfuq View Post
That is correct. Or you cold use the escape sequence instead of quotes.
Code:
sh /system/sd/bart.sh Double\ post -d -u -m -f -u -q knockeduphooker9.1.1Full10-26-09
Buy me some meds

The Following User Says Thank You to overground For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]