Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP] MoonGBA - the fastest gba emulator

OP #LG#

14th May 2011, 11:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

15 posts
MoonGBA - probably the fastest Game Boy Advance emulator for Windows Mobile platform made by Xiangpeng Chen. Freeware. I can't believe that there is no topic about this great app. Without sound enabled it works almost perfectly on my BenQ E72 with 230MHz omap processor and ~20MB of RAM. On my Blue Angel - what can I say - amazing! Unfortunately it doesn't work on my HTC Kaiser. But I'm sure it is the one of uncommon cases.

Advantages:
  • really fast rom emulation
  • runs on slower PDAs/smartphones
  • portrait, landscape left/right + fullscreen, fit to screen, vga screen view modes + "antialiasing"
  • frameskip + frame speed settings
  • *.sav files support
  • touch controlled pad (activated in settings)
Disadvantages:
  • only 3 save/load slots
  • not quite good sound emulation comparing to other emulators
  • noticed that it doesnt work on HTC Kaiser

Requirements:
  • Windows Mobile 5.0 >= based device
  • ~200MHz processor for comfortable playing without sound (depends on processor model)
  • about 15MB RAM for loading 4/8MB roms; 20+ for loading 16MB roms

Download:
  • english translated 2.4.0 version - HERE (just run .exe file on your PPC/SM, config files will be created in the same directory)
  • author's website with newest chinese versions - HERE (up to 2.4.2)

Regards...
Last edited by #LG#; 6th January 2012 at 10:57 PM. Reason: link update
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to #LG# For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2011, 12:55 AM   |  #2  
Flag Schiller Park
Thanks Meter: 2

102 posts
More
Not working :-/
I tried running Pokemon Sapphire (.gba), Pokemon Yellow (.gbc), and Pokemon Blue (.gb). The gba file was the only one which didn't close the program. None of them were able to run though, I only only saw a white box when loading the gba file.

My device is the ATT Tilt2 (HTC Rhodium), WVGA, 528 MHZ. Free ram when loading the 16 MB rom, about 30-40 MB
15th May 2011, 05:47 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
nice!
nice app.. a way faster than pocketgba and morphgear.. it also saves in .sav format so you can use your save files from desktop gba emulators.. it also supports clock base events which pocketgba dont.. but it would be better if we can edit the virtual pads just like in morphgear because its own virtual pads are annoying cause it touches the screen..
15th May 2011, 07:44 PM   |  #4  
Flag METROPOLIS PT.2: "Scenes From A Memory".
Thanks Meter: 15

471 posts
Donate to Me
More
Nice share, thanks!
15th May 2011, 08:30 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
@zyphuris55, MoonGBA is an Game Boy Advance emulator so it's able to open only *.gba roms. Shame that it doesn't work on Rhodium I see there is same problem as with Kaiser - white box after rom loading. I can suggest you to try the newest 2.4.2 version from developer's website. I didn't try and I don't know if it will work on Kaiser or Rhodium. Unfortunately 2.4.0 is the only one which is english translated.

@xxviii, yep, some time ago I tried to play Pokemon ( ) on PocketGBA but there were problems with ingame time settings. With MoonGBA there are no such problems. And about touch controlled pad question - Xiangpeng is working on it and there are fixes and improvements in newer versions, unfortunately in chinese language.

In general, it has some defects but MoonGBA is a great GBA emulator which works surprisingly fast, especially that its freeware and practically it isn't popular.
21st May 2011, 11:06 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
works great! just the sound could be improved. iŽll test the chinese 2.4.2 version...
25th May 2011, 12:43 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

64 posts
Could be great
based on a very vey quick test, this is good.

Very fast on HD2, and the built in control pad is good. I'm just checking how LMT controller works wth it. GBA was one of the things i was booting android off SD for, so I'm really pleased to see this, thanks for starting this thread
25th May 2011, 03:55 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 9

183 posts
More
with me it works on the rhodium with pokemon, but it isnt stable sometimes some random crashes...
26th May 2011, 12:37 PM   |  #9  
Flag Kaunas

111 posts
More
Thumbs up
thank you very much, it is the first GBA emulator that works perfectly on my touch pro. No HW button delay, speed is perfect everything is great
26th May 2011, 05:07 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

37 posts
Great app,I'm searching for it.It works fine on my xperia x1.This is the first emulator for wm with support for 32mb rom,but the speed is low with full screen enabled.The virtual pad is very good.Great app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gba emulator fastest, windows mobile
Previous Thread Next Thread