Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 44,327 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Charging EVO 3D

Tip us?

jhuff83
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 197
Default Charging EVO 3D

Anyone know if the charging on the 3D will be like the 4G where when you take it off the charger it drops immediately? Would be nice to see if HTC fixes this to where it's something like a trickle charge.
Signup for Dropbox and you and I get an extra 500MB free http://db.tt/dYGkRq2K

dmaul3300
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I also wonder if the chargers (car and wall) from the orginal evo 4g will work with the evo 3d.

aimbdd
Old
Thanks Meter 140

DONATE TO ME
There will be no trickle charge because it wears down a battery faster. what they need is two charging circuits. On for charging, and one to run the phone on after the battery is charged

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
Evo 3D
Epic Touch

2.3 ghz quad core macbook pro!

fmedina2
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimbdd View Post
There will be no trickle charge because it wears down a battery faster. what they need is two charging circuits. On for charging, and one to run the phone on after the battery is charged

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
I agree. There has been some reports on here by people running the trickle charge kernel that have seen their battery burn up or explode. I am sure people will still develop this kernel for the 3D though.

smw6180
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4761

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmedina2 View Post
I agree. There has been some reports on here by people running the trickle charge kernel that have seen their battery burn up or explode. I am sure people will still develop this kernel for the 3D though.
6 reports out of thousands of people using SBC kernels. And the problem was pretty definitively traced down to cheap Chinese knock off batteries. I never saw a report, or even heard of a report, where someone using a decent battery ever had any kind of problem.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
Current Phone:
T-Mobile HTC One
Tablets:
Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime
Asus Eee Pad Transformer
Previous Smart Phones:
Sprint HTC ONE
HTC Evo 4G LTE
HTC Evo3D
HTC Evo 4G
PPC6700
Touch Diamond (WinMO 6.5)
HTC Hero

ydoucare
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul3300 View Post
I also wonder if the chargers (car and wall) from the orginal evo 4g will work with the evo 3d.
I would assume any USB charger would work. They're not even really "chargers", they're just power sources. The phone has it's own internal charging circuitry.

NewZJ
Old
Thanks Meter 448
There will be no need for SBC kernels for the 3d. The reason they were created was to fix a charging problem that was in the n1, incredible and Evo only. HTC has fixed the bug in the most recent phone lineup. Don't worry SBC haters and lovers, it wont be needed
The Following User Says Thank You to NewZJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sidepart
Old
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul3300 View Post
If it uses micro-USB (like it should) then of course they would.

Here you go! Go nuts, buy a million of each of these:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

eman3316@optonline.net
Old
Thanks Meter 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewZJ View Post
There will be no need for SBC kernels for the 3d. The reason they were created was to fix a charging problem that was in the n1, incredible and Evo only. HTC has fixed the bug in the most recent phone lineup. Don't worry SBC haters and lovers, it wont be needed
If this is true, then that is great news!

amzp88
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Charging Problems

Hey guys, pretty new to this but here's the story;

My Evo 3D has been rooted and now has the latest version of leedroid (all done by my cousin) but now I'm having issues with the Charging.

I leave the phone to charge overnight but when i wake up, the light is green but the battery is only around 70-80%, I then have to leave it to charge until 100% and then unplug.. is this a software or hardware issue? it seems it stops charging when reached 100% but then doesnt remain active.

I've had a look around the forums but can't find any fixes.. please help!

Tags
charging, evo 3d, htc, trickle