I've managed to buy and unlock this beast in under in an hour. Very nice little device. Its an upgraded captivate, silky smooth. The cameras are both great.
I was curious so I started digging and was able to generate the unlock code very similarly to the captivate.
I've attached a little root and unlock pack.
I make no warranties as to the usefulness or that this won't brick your brand new Infuse (I kind of doubt it but whatever)
Let me know if you like it.
This uses the rage against the cage exploit for root access, and I've thrown in the unlock code extraction at the same time. NOTE: The Unlock code is provided at the end of the process. It will complete the root and superuser install and then give you an Unlock code.
I have also added an unlock only mode. It still uses rage against the cage to gain root access, but its only temporary and all utils are removed.
Props go to the guys behind Rage Against The Cage...
1. adb setup (Included all adb binaries in zip)
2. usb debug mode activated on your phone.
Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging3. Mac, Linux, or Windows.
1. Grab the attached zip file.
3. For root+unlock
- Mac & Linux (Depending on how your system is setup, you should be able to just double-click the shell script and have it work... otherwise)
- Open a Terminal window
- Navigate to the directory you downloaded the file
- Unzip the file if you haven't already
- Go into the directory
- Type: ./root.sh
- If you don't have the drivers, install Samsung Kies (easiest way)
- Unzip file
- Go into directory where the unzipped files are
- Double-click on root.bat
- Follow the instructions for root, but use the unlock files instead
This is my first root and unlock post, so I hope it helps you all out.
Update 1: Original version
Update 2: I have now added Windows support.
Update 3: Added a pause to the .bat file so that you won't miss the unlock code.
Update 4: Added unlock without persistent root.
Update 5: Provide more detailed instructions
A number of people have asked where to send donations... Don't feel obligated but if you really want to...