Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,480 Members 45,101 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Post your eMMC Serial
SEM04G 2.17GiB Gfree 97 26.15%
SEM04G 2.17GiB Visionary 67 18.06%
SEM04G 2.17GiB (Failed eMMC) 17 4.58%
M4G2DE 2.10GiB Gfree 115 31.00%
M4G2DE 2.10GiB Visionary 24 6.47%
M4G2DE 2.10GiB (Failed eMMC) 51 13.75%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Post your eMMC serial

Tip us?

UsrBkp
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag1kate8all View Post
i have the good one and used visionary to root i flash new roms and kernels every day sometimes two or three times a day and have never had a problem
Thanks for feedbacks from folks like you. I hope someone make a thread with active poll just like the old screen SH vs SO issue. But as I can tell ATM SEM04G user's are less likely to run in to the issue. This is why we can use all the meth's to root while M4G2DE user's seem to only be able to root with gfree as VISIONary+ does not stick for them. I hope someone take the time to make a comprehensive poll which will help people like me to narrow it down. I am ATM trying to get my hands on another MT4G maybe I can get both types and test it and see and post back the results.

NovoRei
Old
(Last edited by NovoRei; 19th May 2011 at 10:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsrBkp View Post
You have to understand how emmc works as on MT4G its using SLC-EUDA
Are you sure the partitions are SLC and not MLC? The emmc can be SLC but it can be partitioned as MLC for /data and SLC for others.

The emmc says ~2GiB when in fact we have 1GiB usable right? If so, its MLC.

SteezyR
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Okay thanks for the help everyone. I got SEM04G 2.17 GiB, im guessing thats a good serial? I rooted the gfree method btw

UsrBkp
Old
(Last edited by UsrBkp; 19th May 2011 at 11:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovoRei View Post
Are you sure the partitions are SLC and not MLC? The emmc can be SLC but it can be partitioned as MLC for /data and SLC for others.

The emmc says ~2GiB when in fact we have 1GiB usable right? If so, its MLC.
When it was originally allocated it by the manufacture the chip was using SLC thus we have 2GB instead of 4GB. If we used MLC we would have total 4GB allocated but since we using EUDA it can NOT be reformatted fully unless you replace the whole motherboard. Even then you would need to declare the partition table using low level format which you don't have access to since its EUDA.

UPDATE:

Keep in mind when I said formatting the partition table I don't mean reformatting /data or /system. As those parameters are still predefined originally when it was allocated by the manufacture as they formatted it using SLC-EUDA. Sorry for the confusion if anyone didn't understand it.

eqjunkie829
Old
Thanks Meter 600

DONATE TO ME
I just checked my phone and my wifes phone and found that I have the bad chip on my red mytouch4g and my wife has the good chip on her white mytouch4g, although her phone seems to have tons of issues and mine does not ie: unresponsive from waking while plugged into wall charger requiring a battery pull to reboot. I wonder if the color is relevant in this issue in regards to how many of what model were sold before they switched from or to the supposedly problematic chip.

crawler9
Old
Thanks Meter 288

DONATE TO ME
I have:
Red myTouch 4G
LCD: Good model
EMMC: SEM04G 2.17 GiB
If I or anyone else has helped you, please click thanks!
I may not an Android dev (yet), but I'm more than willing to help whenever I can!
I am a software development student, comfortable with limited Java, C++, and AutoHotkey Scripting.
My posts usually change within 10 minutes when I originally post them... be sure to double check them lol.

My devices:

bballcat03
Old
Thanks Meter 4
help, how do I find this on a mac?
HTC Sensation...currently running stock rom

tjlawson09
Old
(Last edited by tjlawson09; 20th May 2011 at 05:20 AM.) Reason: edit and my mt4g is black if that's important
Thanks Meter 19
happy to report i got the good chip 2.17 (is that right...so many numbers lol) and i rooted using the gfree method. This thread is a good idead. needs to be more organized some way....mmm.
Current
HTC EVO 3D (S=OFF)
Rom: MeanROM 2.0
Kernel: Stockish
Recovery: TWRP 2.1.1
Hboot: 1.04.2000 (Engineering)

HP TouchPad (Android/webOS)
Rom: ClassicNerd ButtaHD 4.04.4
Kernel: Stockish
Recovery: TWRP 2.1.1

Retired
HTC EVO 4G (S=OFF)
HTC Glacier (True S=OFF)

UsrBkp
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballcat03 View Post
help, how do I find this on a mac?
Do you have Android SDK installed on your Mac-OSX? If not go download the and install Android SDK. Then connect MT4G and try from terminal. The adb commands are same as in any other platform.

bballcat03
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsrBkp View Post
Do you have Android SDK installed on your Mac-OSX? If not go download the and install Android SDK. Then connect MT4G and try from terminal. The adb commands are same as in any other platform.
But the instructions show "c drive" which there isn't on a mac, is it?

Yeah, I have everything downloaded...but I'm so new to Mac, I don't know everything quite yet.
HTC Sensation...currently running stock rom