FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Titanium Backup

31 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Milne_Rangers, Member on 16th May 2011, 12:27 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Just noticed that this can remove bloat ware never done anything like this before is that just basically things you don't need. Can anyone list the things I don't need please and can you restore once you remove.

Cheers

16th May 2011, 12:38 PM |#2  
Flag Barnsley
Thanks Meter: 837

More
Hi mate there is a thread roaming about round here saying what u can remove but just be careful on what u remove as it mat start acting weirs and also I use titanium but I mostly just freeze things I think I might end up using again

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App
16th May 2011, 12:44 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by festa20

Hi mate there is a thread roaming about round here saying what u can remove but just be careful on what u remove as it mat start acting weirs and also I use titanium but I mostly just freeze things I think I might end up using again

So freezing things just makes them inactive meaning they take up no ram?
16th May 2011, 01:14 PM |#4  
Flag Venlo
Thanks Meter: 68

More
First please use search, or look around:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=1

Second you can restore everything back by reflashing system.img withouth losing data.
16th May 2011, 01:43 PM |#5  
Flag Barnsley
Thanks Meter: 837

More
Yea they disappear of your app draw and goes inactive basically

16th May 2011, 01:59 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodoor

First please use search, or look around:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=1

Second you can restore everything back by reflashing system.img withouth losing data.

ok will in future
16th May 2011, 02:00 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by festa20

Yea they disappear of your app draw and goes inactive basically

Ok cheers mate
16th May 2011, 03:32 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Freezing the app is definitely the way to go, at least to begin with. However, while this will stop the app from loading & using up RAM this wont recover internal storage from your phone, so if youve used the phone for a week or so after freezing with no issues then you might want to delete the frozen apps.

But: If you *do* decide to delete an app make a backup of it first (this will copy it to sd card so it wont take up phone storage) in case you do decide you need it back at a later date.
16th May 2011, 03:47 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveybaby

Freezing the app is definitely the way to go, at least to begin with. However, while this will stop the app from loading & using up RAM this wont recover internal storage from your phone, so if youve used the phone for a week or so after freezing with no issues then you might want to delete the frozen apps.

But: If you *do* decide to delete an app make a backup of it first (this will copy it to sd card so it wont take up phone storage) in case you do decide you need it back at a later date.

OK cheers for advice
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread