Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,891 Members 50,084 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Titanium Backup

Tip us?

Milne_Rangers
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Titanium Backup

Just noticed that this can remove bloat ware never done anything like this before is that just basically things you don't need. Can anyone list the things I don't need please and can you restore once you remove.

Cheers

festa20
Old
Thanks Meter 835
Hi mate there is a thread roaming about round here saying what u can remove but just be careful on what u remove as it mat start acting weirs and also I use titanium but I mostly just freeze things I think I might end up using again

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App

Want to Get Notified for Incoming SMS And Call with Camera FlashLight try this FlashBlink

Milne_Rangers
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by festa20 View Post
Hi mate there is a thread roaming about round here saying what u can remove but just be careful on what u remove as it mat start acting weirs and also I use titanium but I mostly just freeze things I think I might end up using again

So freezing things just makes them inactive meaning they take up no ram?

commodoor
Old
Thanks Meter 66
First please use search, or look around:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=1

Second you can restore everything back by reflashing system.img withouth losing data.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S II

G+ > http://gplus.to/commodoor

Phone History (old to new):
Nokia 5110, Nokia 8850, Nokia 8210, Nokia 3310, Nokia 8310, Nokia 5210, Nokia 8910, Nokia 3410, Nokia 7650, Motorola V70, Sony CMD J7, SE T610, Nokia N-gage, Nokia 6230, Nokia 6230i, Siemens SL65, Siemens C65, SE K750, Nokia n73, SE K800, HTC Touch, HTC Touch Dual, HTC TytnII, SE Xperia x1, SE 303i, I-mate SPL, HTC Hero, NexusOne, SE X10, HTC WildFire, SE Xperia Arc

festa20
Old
Thanks Meter 835
Yea they disappear of your app draw and goes inactive basically

Want to Get Notified for Incoming SMS And Call with Camera FlashLight try this FlashBlink

Milne_Rangers
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodoor View Post
First please use search, or look around:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=1

Second you can restore everything back by reflashing system.img withouth losing data.
ok will in future

Milne_Rangers
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by festa20 View Post
Yea they disappear of your app draw and goes inactive basically

Ok cheers mate

daveybaby
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Freezing the app is definitely the way to go, at least to begin with. However, while this will stop the app from loading & using up RAM this wont recover internal storage from your phone, so if youve used the phone for a week or so after freezing with no issues then you might want to delete the frozen apps.

But: If you *do* decide to delete an app make a backup of it first (this will copy it to sd card so it wont take up phone storage) in case you do decide you need it back at a later date.

Milne_Rangers
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveybaby View Post
Freezing the app is definitely the way to go, at least to begin with. However, while this will stop the app from loading & using up RAM this wont recover internal storage from your phone, so if youve used the phone for a week or so after freezing with no issues then you might want to delete the frozen apps.

But: If you *do* decide to delete an app make a backup of it first (this will copy it to sd card so it wont take up phone storage) in case you do decide you need it back at a later date.
OK cheers for advice