Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,577 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] USB Tether

Tip us?

y0himba
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] USB Tether

Hello. I have rooted and installed the wireless tether app which is working perfectly. However, there are times when I am on the road out in the middle of nowhere and I need to charge while tethered to my laptop. Can someone direct me to a USB tether app?

Thank you in advance.
My Web Site: http://www.y0himba.net
Last 5 Songs Played:

trailblazer101
Old
Thanks Meter 292

DONATE TO ME
Why can't you just use wireless tether, just plug your phone into the computer xP
There are USB tether apps, they just cost money.... you willing to shed out some cash?

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA Premium App
Samsung Continuum: The Phone That Could-- With a Community To Match.

y0himba
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
Sorry, but that isn't the question I asked. There are times that I prefer a USB tether. Is there a free or low cost USB tether app?
Last 5 Songs Played:

trailblazer101
Old
Thanks Meter 292

DONATE TO ME
How about you do a quick search on the market and try and find one o_O it's easier to do a quick search in the market than it is posting a whole new thread :|
As i said, yes there are tether apps, but no they are not usually free..... easy tether lite is the only half decent one...
Also, if you would've searched online, you would've seen that Verizon is not letting us download us apps like this anymore for the most part.....

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA Premium App
Samsung Continuum: The Phone That Could-- With a Community To Match.
The Following User Says Thank You to trailblazer101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

y0himba
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
Again, thanks for the help, but as I said above, it is rooted, meaning I can use 3rd party apps as well. I have done a search on the market, but as part of my research I always ask the folks here that are "in the know" about these things. Finding the right app when you are new to an OS is not always a simple matter of doing a Google search or looking in the marketplace. It is always good to ask those more knowledgeable than myself.
Last 5 Songs Played:

samuelhadams
Old
Thanks Meter 30
PdaNet is a decent USB tether app along with EasyTether. Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to samuelhadams For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

y0himba
Old
(Last edited by y0himba; 17th May 2011 at 03:05 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
Leave to someone with the name of a statesman and a good beer to be helpful. Thanked.

I never did like PDANet. Has anyone used EasyTether?

Other suggestions?
Last 5 Songs Played:

samuelhadams
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I've used EasyTether. I prefer PdaNet.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to samuelhadams For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dfgged
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
I've used easy tether. It's fairly easy to use, but it takes a bit of time to set up when you first use it. After you have the desktop client installed, it's a breeze to use.
Got droid sometime at end of Sept. 2010-> Returned it near the beginning of Nov.-> Got continuum on 11/26/10 -> Bricked Continuum on 1/9/11 -> Got replacement on 14th or 15th-> Bricked again on 2/10/11-> Got second replacement on 2/16/11-> Got Galaxy Nexus 11/23/12->Got Nexus 5 1/9/14

Nexus 5:
Stock ROM
(Retired)Samsung continuum: "The Phone That Could-- With a Community To Match." ~Trailblazer101
Running Stock EG04
The Following User Says Thank You to dfgged For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

y0himba
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
Ugh, desktop client needed. Not to fond of the need to install additional software. I appreciate the input however!
Last 5 Songs Played:

Tags
tether, usb