5,598,779 Members 34,163 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BETA] Quizzer

Tip us?

Goddchen
Old
(Last edited by Goddchen; 17th May 2011 at 06:58 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 208

DONATE TO ME
Default [BETA] Quizzer

Hey everyone,
a user from the android-hilfe.de forum mentioned the idea of an app that i found very interesting. I then started implementing stuff and here i want to present you the first usable beta version of the app.
It is a community quiz. You can post quiz questions, other users answer them and place their bid on their answer. At the end you close the question with the correct answer and everyone is rewarded according to their bids.

Please help beta testing that app. Please note that in this very first beta, no work has been done for layout and design. See it as a functional prototype. Although i would be very thankful for design/layout ideas, maybe some even wants to help me?

I'm really looking forward to your feedback

Here is the link to a simple beta page that i hacked together: http://quizzer-android.appspot.com

And of course the corresponding QR code:

Greets, Goddchen

PS: Added some screenshots
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dashboard.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	598614   Click image for larger version

Name:	leaderboard.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	598615   Click image for larger version

Name:	postquestion.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	598616   Click image for larger version

Name:	questions.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	598617   Click image for larger version

Name:	tags.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	598619  

Click image for larger version

Name:	question.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	598620   Click image for larger version

Name:	getqzrs.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	598621  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goddchen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Goddchen
Old
Thanks Meter 208

DONATE TO ME
added some screenshots...

omzworld
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
FC on clicking questions.

Galaxy S, Darky's 9.5 Froyo

mikael120
Old
(Last edited by mikael120; 19th May 2011 at 04:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddchen View Post
good concept for an app, will probably be pretty fun when its finished, but right now the app is extremely unstable, sometimes it just exits right after I opened it, it always force closes when it tries to load the "by date" list in the "list of questions" section. The "by potsize" list usually works though that sometimes crashes too, in addition to all that the app seems to sometimes crash at completely random times.

In running the app on the LG Optimus 2x Phone, running CM7 Nightly build 21.

ps: on the registration part of the app, you only ask for the password once, its pretty common to ask for the password twice to avoid people mistyping the password, this does't really bother me that much but when you are typing on the android virtual keyboard it pretty easy to mistype something and not notice it, before you try to login to your app account.

ps2: If you don't mind me asking, I'm a bit curious about how you store account information, do you store the email & password in plain text? or do you hash & salt them? I'm just curious because I don't like to use services that doesn't protect their user data properly.

Goddchen
Old
Thanks Meter 208

DONATE TO ME
There was a FC-bug when displaying a question without any tag. Please reinstall with the new version (same url).

Psichi
Old
Thanks Meter 382
I think once there are a wider range of questions it will be better (I know thatis on us, the users) .

I am also interested in knowing how my information is being stored.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
I fart in your general direction.

todayist
Old
Thanks Meter 5
It takes time for me to make up all the false answers to make funnier quizzes.

It allowed 0 QZR for a bid.

Admob area's size need to be fixed.

Anyway, I will love it when it's all finished.

mikael120
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
gmail seems to categorize your emails as spam, just thought you would like to know.

oh and btw, not to be rude or anything but it would be nice if you could actually give us some kinda response to the feedback we have given you instead of just completely ignoring it.

Goddchen
Old
Thanks Meter 208

DONATE TO ME
Hey everybody,
it has been two busy days for me, unfortunately not two busy Android days... I really thank you for you feedback so far and i am excitingly reading through the notification mails as they arrive. I just didn't have the time to answer or even code on the project.
@mikael, is this really the level you want continue this conversation? I do also have a reallife besides Android, sorry. Did you ever try to get one of your cars throught german TÜV? Then you know what is was doing the past two days...

I'll get back to you guys tomorrow and answer all the questions

Goddchen

mikael120
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
@mikael, is this really the level you want continue this conversation? I do also have a reallife besides Android, sorry. Did you ever try to get one of your cars throught german TÜV? Then you know what is was doing the past two days...

Goddchen
sorry, as I said it was not meant as an insult, I do understand that you probably have other non android related stuff to do, It just that when you posted a post after I posted my feedback without responding at all, it seemed like you were intentionally ignoring my feedback, but if thats not he case then sorry I misunderstood you, I'm usually a pretty nice guy so please don't get the wrong idea, I have nothing against you or anything like that.