FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Infuse Car Dock

1,527 posts
Thanks Meter: 291

By crawlgsx, Senior Member on 16th May 2011, 09:34 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I picked up the Infuse Car dock with my Infuse and I LOVE IT. It works great, its very very good build quality. Nice to have the dock always plugged in for power and I can just pop my phone in and go. Also really nice that Samsung Car Home auto opens when I plug it in to the dock.

To anyone that uses their phone for calls or music while driving I highly recommend it.

16th May 2011, 11:11 PM |#2  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Did you pick it up at an AT&T store? I am eager to check one out, as I plan to use the phone quite a bit as GPS unit for my car.

Thanks!
17th May 2011, 01:47 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maine, USA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefrunway

Did you pick it up at an AT&T store? I am eager to check one out, as I plan to use the phone quite a bit as GPS unit for my car.

Thanks!

Yeah I did I am not normally one to buy accessories from ATT but I couldn't resist .
The Following User Says Thank You to crawlgsx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2011, 02:00 AM |#4  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Placerville, California
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Samsung Dock
yes it's from AT&T and it's very nice.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...id=jy53eoHminq
The Following User Says Thank You to AllTheWay For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2011, 02:06 AM |#5  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheWay

yes it's from AT&T and it's very nice.

That does look pretty sweet.
17th May 2011, 05:45 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Cool! I bought the home dock too for a nightstand.
17th May 2011, 07:38 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 685

More
very nice that samsung didnt drop the ball on this stuff this time. i am considering both docks.
17th May 2011, 01:03 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maine, USA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani897

very nice that samsung didnt drop the ball on this stuff this time. i am considering both docks.

I might go back and buy the home dock as well
17th May 2011, 10:17 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I bought both as well. AT&T had special that if you buy two accessories you get the third free.
Infuse should arrive tomorrow so I'll be able to try them out. I have always used ProClip USA's mounts but will compare it to Samsung's. I currently have an adjustable adaptor that works with iPhone 3G and Captivate within protective cases. They have holders for naked units that fit perfectly, but it is a hassle to remove phones from Otterboxes only to put them back after short rides.
Last edited by bluetoothless; 17th May 2011 at 10:22 PM.
19th May 2011, 12:59 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 685

More
i just got the home dock but am returning it. the reason is that it is not flexible enough. it has a micro usb port but it will not pass through the usb connection to my computer so i can mount the sdcard or pass through mhl to hdmi. this makes it no more than a 40$ charger that holds the phone.

i have a bad micro usb cable that i plan to make into a jig that can trip the dock mode or other things. i can hack up the dock but would rather exchange it for the car dock. i also want to see how much a second mhl adapter is. i would like to make an all in one dock.
19th May 2011, 02:15 PM |#11  
Flag Georgetown, TX
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Car Dock application
I purchased a Infuse yesterday with the car dock. The only way we can get the phone to send audio out through the docks 3.5mm is by using the Samsung Car Home application. This application is lacking to say the least. I've tried CarHome Ultra and still no audio through the dock.

Is there a work around for this or another dock application that works?

Thanks,

JAFO

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)