Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,444 Members 45,123 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

O2X minor patch for freezing/reboot released for Europe (Someone check?)

Tip us?

thatguychris
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Good shouted I've just checked mine aswell and it also says I'm on latest version instead of authentication error

Sent from my LG Optimus 2x using xda premium app

doncoop
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Well lets hope that its LG switching it on ready for the patch

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App
Currently using a O2X with topogigi 1.9 and an xperia PLAY

MeX_DK
Old
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
Still only got 10B available here in DK
Samsung Galaxy S5
Rooted

ULJ
Old
Thanks Meter 27
LG Sweden said may 27th (Friday) according to swedish XDA member.

My personally guess is Friday or Monday (the very last of may). That is if LG can hold their promise

Sckank
Old
Thanks Meter 341
I mailed LG Europe yesterday and got this answer:

"Vi är medvetna om att ett antal kunder tyvärr upplever en del problem med telefonen. Det kommer att släppas en uppdatering som ska lösa dessa problem nu i slutet på maj, med andra ord vilken dag som helst nu. Uppdateringen till 2.3 är också på gång och kommer att släppas till sommaren. Har tyvärr inget mer exakt datum att ge dig ang 2.3 uppdateringen."

What it basically says is that they know some ppl are having troubles with the 2X, and the patch are going to be released any day now. And they don't know exactly when 2.3 comes out, but it will be released in the summer.

awf
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sckank View Post
I mailed LG Europe yesterday and got this answer:

"Vi är medvetna om att ett antal kunder tyvärr upplever en del problem med telefonen. Det kommer att släppas en uppdatering som ska lösa dessa problem nu i slutet på maj, med andra ord vilken dag som helst nu. Uppdateringen till 2.3 är också på gång och kommer att släppas till sommaren. Har tyvärr inget mer exakt datum att ge dig ang 2.3 uppdateringen."

What it basically says is that they know some ppl are having troubles with the 2X, and the patch are going to be released any day now. And they don't know exactly when 2.3 comes out, but it will be released in the summer.
Thanks for the update, well summer can be long, why I'm not surprised by LG

shanume
Old
Thanks Meter 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULJ View Post
LG Sweden said may 27th (Friday) according to swedish XDA member.

My personally guess is Friday or Monday (the very last of may). That is if LG can hold their promise
yeah I hope we will get this update soon in denmark there are only few day to end of May.

waynefox
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I received a message from LG yesterday saying the update should now be available but as of this morning v10d is still the latest for the UK

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App
Device: LG Optimus 2x
ROM: Topogigi v2.0 SP3
Kernel: 2.6.32.9-NeoBlaze
OC 1.2Ghz
Baseband: 725

topanyel
Old
Thanks Meter 1
There is nothing new here either yet in Hungary (V10C)

KeePeeR26
Old
Thanks Meter 26

Optimus Dual delay in updating the end of May.

released by LG in the Box on Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 14:01

We regret having to announce that the software version expected by the end of the month - in order to solve the instability problems alleged by some customers - has been postponed for several weeks. Troubleshooting is taking longer than expected because of the systematic nature of the anomalies reported, involving only a part of owners of LG Dual Optimus. Many customers have found the solution to instability in fact known (and reset the product off the phone is charging) with the upgrade to version V10b, we recommend that in any case to make. We also recommend that you reset the product to the factory settings using the menu "Privacy" after the upgrade.

However, we are aware of the hardships that some of you are trying with our product. All resources are stretched to the limit of LG to release a best software as soon as possible, but at present we have to move the deadline for issuing the second half of June. We will do everything possible to bring forward this date. We apologize again with all of you who have given us confidence when you buy LG Dual Optimus.

More news on the software release will be released on the official media, or the Facebook fanpage "LG in the Box" and "Italy LG - Life's Good"and the official blog LGBlog.it.