FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

Verizon extended the free hotspot

276 posts
Thanks Meter: 10
 
By bowtieduece, Senior Member on 17th May 2011, 03:48 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
http://gulfstreamcleaning.com/verizo...nderbolt/4724/

Thought id share. Hope its not old news.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App
 
 
17th May 2011, 03:56 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thanks for sharing.. this is good news!

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App
17th May 2011, 03:57 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Today is a good day, gingerbread and another 30 days of the stock wifi tether. Can't ask for more..


Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App
17th May 2011, 05:40 AM |#4  
iOSh8er's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hephzibah
Thanks Meter: 176
 
More
Love it! I just wish we had LTE in my area :(
29th May 2011, 03:33 PM |#5  
mandog202's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Huntsville AL
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
I have a feeling they're going to screw some people over with this, myself included. Before I switched to the TB I paid for hotspot on my DX. Now that I'm on the TB it no longer shows up in my features, and I bet they will switch to tiered data before the 15th. Forcing me to change my plan to re-add tethering and go to tiered data. Pretty much defeating the whole purpose of why I bit the bullet and threw down $700 to get this phone and be on unlimited 4G before they did away with it.
Last edited by mandog202; 29th May 2011 at 03:41 PM.
29th May 2011, 04:12 PM |#6  
itsDollar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandog202

I have a feeling they're going to screw some people over with this, myself included. Before I switched to the TB I paid for hotspot on my DX. Now that I'm on the TB it no longer shows up in my features, and I bet they will switch to tiered data before the 15th. Forcing me to change my plan to re-add tethering and go to tiered data. Pretty much defeating the whole purpose of why I bit the bullet and threw down $700 to get this phone and be on unlimited 4G before they did away with it.

It's a free promotion and it says it when you use the hotspot. They can't charge you or sign you up for something during a free promotion. When I spoke to Verizon they said it will be some kind of notification (they don't know what yet) sent out that the promotion is over. I tried to opt out before the end of the promotion and both reps couldn't find a way because they didn't have anything to opt me out except a note on my account.
29th May 2011, 04:41 PM |#7  
superchilpil's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 1,246
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandog202

I have a feeling they're going to screw some people over with this, myself included. Before I switched to the TB I paid for hotspot on my DX. Now that I'm on the TB it no longer shows up in my features, and I bet they will switch to tiered data before the 15th. Forcing me to change my plan to re-add tethering and go to tiered data. Pretty much defeating the whole purpose of why I bit the bullet and threw down $700 to get this phone and be on unlimited 4G before they did away with it.

Ummm instead of falling for their plan and adding tethering and getting tiered data.... Root the phone and wait for someone to crack the app so it doesn't "talk" to Verizon

>--The Game--<
29th May 2011, 04:58 PM |#8  
mandog202's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Huntsville AL
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchilpil

Ummm instead of falling for their plan and adding tethering and getting tiered data.... Root the phone and wait for someone to crack the app so it doesn't "talk" to Verizon

>--The Game--<


it's the people doing this that are the reason this tiered data crap is happening in the first place. I pay for things I use, especially with all the attention illegal tethering is getting now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by itsDollar

It's a free promotion and it says it when you use the hotspot. They can't charge you or sign you up for something during a free promotion. When I spoke to Verizon they said it will be some kind of notification (they don't know what yet) sent out that the promotion is over. I tried to opt out before the end of the promotion and both reps couldn't find a way because they didn't have anything to opt me out except a note on my account.

So if I was already signed up for tethering on my account before switching to the tb, it should automatically go back on it once the promotion is over without having to change my plan?
29th May 2011, 07:28 PM |#9  
Jrocker23's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Staten Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 96
 
Donate to Me
More
Whatever you had on your plan should carry over, Tethering and all.
29th May 2011, 08:19 PM |#10  
ilikecupcake(s)'s Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandog202

it's the people doing this that are the reason this tiered data crap is happening in the first place. I pay for things I use, especially with all the attention illegal tethering is getting now.




So if I was already signed up for tethering on my account before switching to the tb, it should automatically go back on it once the promotion is over without having to change my plan?

If we were to add the tethering on to your account you will c the charge....it will not show the soc for tethering until after the promotion is over next month. So you are correct by saying the tethering did not roll over because as far as your billing is concerned it did not roll over because it's a different soc than ur 3g hotspots....if u choose to keep or "add" tethering it will not effect your unlimited data so no worries
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes