Verizon extended the free hotspot

Tip us?

bowtieduece
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Verizon extended the free hotspot

http://gulfstreamcleaning.com/verizo...nderbolt/4724/

Thought id share. Hope its not old news.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

onyx_64
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for sharing.. this is good news!

bowtieduece
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Today is a good day, gingerbread and another 30 days of the stock wifi tether. Can't ask for more..

iOSh8er
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Love it! I just wish we had LTE in my area :(

mandog202
Old
(Last edited by mandog202; 29th May 2011 at 03:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 21
I have a feeling they're going to screw some people over with this, myself included. Before I switched to the TB I paid for hotspot on my DX. Now that I'm on the TB it no longer shows up in my features, and I bet they will switch to tiered data before the 15th. Forcing me to change my plan to re-add tethering and go to tiered data. Pretty much defeating the whole purpose of why I bit the bullet and threw down $700 to get this phone and be on unlimited 4G before they did away with it.

itsDollar
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandog202 View Post
I have a feeling they're going to screw some people over with this, myself included. Before I switched to the TB I paid for hotspot on my DX. Now that I'm on the TB it no longer shows up in my features, and I bet they will switch to tiered data before the 15th. Forcing me to change my plan to re-add tethering and go to tiered data. Pretty much defeating the whole purpose of why I bit the bullet and threw down $700 to get this phone and be on unlimited 4G before they did away with it.
It's a free promotion and it says it when you use the hotspot. They can't charge you or sign you up for something during a free promotion. When I spoke to Verizon they said it will be some kind of notification (they don't know what yet) sent out that the promotion is over. I tried to opt out before the end of the promotion and both reps couldn't find a way because they didn't have anything to opt me out except a note on my account.

superchilpil
Old
Thanks Meter 1201

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ummm instead of falling for their plan and adding tethering and getting tiered data.... Root the phone and wait for someone to crack the app so it doesn't "talk" to Verizon

>--The Game--<
=========================

AT&T HTC One

Help me fill up my thanks meter by hitting thanks
==================================================

mandog202
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchilpil View Post
Ummm instead of falling for their plan and adding tethering and getting tiered data.... Root the phone and wait for someone to crack the app so it doesn't "talk" to Verizon

>--The Game--<

it's the people doing this that are the reason this tiered data crap is happening in the first place. I pay for things I use, especially with all the attention illegal tethering is getting now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsDollar View Post
It's a free promotion and it says it when you use the hotspot. They can't charge you or sign you up for something during a free promotion. When I spoke to Verizon they said it will be some kind of notification (they don't know what yet) sent out that the promotion is over. I tried to opt out before the end of the promotion and both reps couldn't find a way because they didn't have anything to opt me out except a note on my account.
So if I was already signed up for tethering on my account before switching to the tb, it should automatically go back on it once the promotion is over without having to change my plan?

Jrocker23
Old
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Whatever you had on your plan should carry over, Tethering and all.
HTC One
Try Out DropBox, get your files when you need them, its free http://db.tt/LUr0eAv

ilikecupcake(s)
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
it's the people doing this that are the reason this tiered data crap is happening in the first place. I pay for things I use, especially with all the attention illegal tethering is getting now.

So if I was already signed up for tethering on my account before switching to the tb, it should automatically go back on it once the promotion is over without having to change my plan?
If we were to add the tethering on to your account you will c the charge....it will not show the soc for tethering until after the promotion is over next month. So you are correct by saying the tethering did not roll over because as far as your billing is concerned it did not roll over because it's a different soc than ur 3g hotspots....if u choose to keep or "add" tethering it will not effect your unlimited data so no worries