[Q] PowerAMP doesn't see my external MicroSD card?

Search This thread

transceiver

Apr 1, 2011
I'm trying to play some WMA files on my microSD card, but I can't add those folders to PowerAMP. Any way around this, or any other apps that can?

cky2000

Aug 17, 2010
West Palm Beach
I don't use it , but I just tried PowerAMP Trail and no I could not see /Removable either. You should email the developer and let him know. It was the same thing with a "fresh" install of Quickpic 1.1.3. I emailed him and in less then 4 hours he had a fix :D

funnycreature

Guys,
I contacted PowerAmp through the built-in feature and got reply within less than 24h. They sent me a new build of the app (380) and the Removable/MicroSD is now supported. However, I asked them again to add the Removable/SD directory for people who want to use the dock SD card.
I'll let you know if I can post the link to the apk or if they will make it an official update.

Reactions: transceiver

cky2000

Aug 17, 2010
West Palm Beach
My Quickpic 1.1.3 doesn't see video from removable card?

I'm not sure if he updated it on the market yet. He sent me (and others) a version to try. The version number was the same,1.1.3. I see videos and pix on my /Removable with the version he sent me. All my vidz are .mp4's if that makes any difference.

I'll test the one on the market when I get home.

cky2000

Aug 17, 2010
West Palm Beach
No :( He didn't updated it on the market yet. 1.1.2 did let you pick /Removable. 1.1.2 was a little difficult (for me) to find. I found it in rom on here some place.

EDIT: I don't know if you want too, but 1.1.2 was inside this rom "pinpongs-rom1.3.zip" and the installer name was "com.alensw.PicFolder-1.apk". I tend to do things the hard way lolol.

Last edited:

funnycreature

Got word from the PowerAMP dev this morning that he will post the update in the market today. However, to complicate things, I sent him info about the mounts when both USB ports have devices attached and both card slots are occupied as well :D All they need to do really is to add /Removable and sub-directories to the selectable media.

:cool:

Reactions: cky2000

iamdata

Jun 2, 2008
I stopped using poweramp for this reason, I have just installed it again as I am a Full version user, and I can confirm that its working with microsd card support. The only thing I'm now disappointed with is the notification. When you use the built built music player you see that there is music playing, you click and then you are given buttons skip prev and pause/play.

i think im gonna email the developer and see if he can do that.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

iamdata

Jun 2, 2008
the sd card on the dock doesnt work yet, i sent the DEV a screenshot of the filemanager showing the location of the sdcard storage.

funnycreature

the sd card on the dock doesnt work yet, i sent the DEV a screenshot of the filemanager showing the location of the sdcard storage.

He already knows. Yesterday I sent him the mount info with everything connected (both USB ports, microSD and SD card). All they need to do is add the /data/Removable directory to the selection :) He's working on it!

Reddog58

Oct 26, 2010
Houston
Can someone please tell me how there getting PowerAmp to access the Removal SD Card. I want to move my music files off the SD Card but the Removal card is not found in the availabe folder paths.

KG

mONSTa

May 10, 2007
Can someone please tell me how there getting PowerAmp to access the Removal SD Card. I want to move my music files off the SD Card but the Removal card is not found in the availabe folder paths.

KG

I was able get mine to work using Partition Tool Kit and choosing SDCard0 as the mount point not extSDCard.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys,
    I contacted PowerAmp through the built-in feature and got reply within less than 24h. They sent me a new build of the app (380) and the Removable/MicroSD is now supported. However, I asked them again to add the Removable/SD directory for people who want to use the dock SD card.
    I'll let you know if I can post the link to the apk or if they will make it an official update.
    Got word from the PowerAMP dev this morning that he will post the update in the market today. However, to complicate things, I sent him info about the mounts when both USB ports have devices attached and both card slots are occupied as well :D All they need to do really is to add /Removable and sub-directories to the selectable media.

:cool: