Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,068 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] usb host on Flyer?

Tip us?

markobj
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, usb mouse, usb keyboard and usb storage works at the same time... Even Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard works perfectly

I think that beside USB folder usb storage has to be fat32 becouse in my case NTFS didn't work...

Himmig
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Sounds terrific!

I have been looking for some usb hubs... well... I'd like to find one that is powered through one usb port and establishs the data connection through a second port.

Because when I am at Uni I will only be able to use battery packs as power supply.
Do you use a micro usb male to standard usb female adapter? and if so: which one are you using?

bluebear13
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by markobj View Post
Yes, usb mouse, usb keyboard and usb storage works at the same time... Even Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard works perfectly

I think that beside USB folder usb storage has to be fat32 becouse in my case NTFS didn't work...
I've also mounted only fat32 partitions. I haven't tried NTFS, but this could just be the way automount works; you probably have to mount it manually to some other point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himmig View Post
Because when I am at Uni I will only be able to use battery packs as power supply.
Do you use a micro usb male to standard usb female adapter? and if so: which one are you using?
I'm using an adapter from dealextreme (search for "Micro USB On-The-Go Host OTG Adapter" on their website; sorry, can't post links). I've heard others have used Nokia host adapters, which they also carry, but I haven't used them myself.

Dacoco
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Do i need an external power supplied hub when i just want to control my dslr via usb host with dslr controller from the market?

markobj
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himmig View Post
That adapter should be standard and I think you can use whatever microUSB-M to USB-F you find...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacoco View Post
Do i need an external power supplied hub when i just want to control my dslr via usb host with dslr controller from the market?
Don't know, you'll have to try... But if that controller has it's own power source it might work...

Dacoco
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Hi Chainfire,

i really want to test your DSL Controller App on the Flyer. I got Honeycomb 3.2 up and running and USB Sticks work with external power source.
But when i connect the Camera nothing happens.

Can you please provide a possibility to test it on the flyer?
It has no dualcore and i can not buy it in the market because its not shown there!?

Thanks
Regards
daniel

rushless
Old
Thanks Meter 268
Sounds like the needed power bridge is not there (just like the Xoom) to support storage devices without external power support. Makes sense, since why pay for the component if the intent was for it not to be USB host?

Some have had luck on the Xoom with 8gb and maybe 16gb, but that is it.

Dacoco
Old
Thanks Meter 10

bobzdar
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Has anybody gotten a self powered usb device to work (without a hub)? For example: digital camera, external powered HD enclosure, etc. I could just carry around a microSD to SD adapter and use microSD cards in my camera for quick swapping back and forth, but would just plug the camera directly into the flyer if possible.
Motorola Droid Razr
Nook Tablet (rooted)

Dacoco
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Does Not work. I tried an external powered hdd

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA App