Guide Wifi Ad Hoc Working Samsung 10.1v

OP drnackers

30th June 2011, 01:39 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattXdezzi

Just thought of something. I have juicedefender set to turn off 3g when my phones screen turns off. This could cut connectivity without dropping wifi signal. Will test theory tomorrow...

I don't think so. I'm not running JuiceDefender or any other task killer/battery saver. Plus, this is the wifi only version so there isn't a 3g to kill.

I have tried looking at the details of the /dev/main log
cat /dev/log/main | grep wpa
but I don't see anything obvious. To me it looks like there is some type of failure that puts it back into scanning mode.

The original version of wpa_supplicant is version 0.6.10. I don't know if a new version of this must be patched to work right. If someone has a non-wifi only version of the system and can get the version number of their original wpa_supplicant file this might yield some information.
30th June 2011, 08:55 AM   |  #22  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 169

1,058 posts
More
After doing this WPA supplicant zip thing...will this effect my wifi network(at home) in any way?

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App
30th June 2011, 09:40 AM   |  #23  
Flag Bodrum
Thanks Meter: 1,497

6,236 posts
Here is the original wpa_supplicant from my device, maybe it will help but I don't think this is the one responsible for this issue.
Attached Files
File Type: rar wpa_supplicant.rar - [Click for QR Code] (144.1 KB, 145 views)
30th June 2011, 11:43 AM   |  #24  

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by makbil

Here is the original wpa_supplicant from my device, maybe it will help but I don't think this is the one responsible for this issue.

Well this is a little interesting. Your version is the same 0.6.10, but the file size of you wpa_supplicant is 4.1K smaller than the original version on my galaxy tab 10.1

I used your file and it works fine on my system, but of course, this is your original file, so it doesn't solve the issue of connecting to an ad-hoc wifi.

Thank you, though for supplying the file, its a step in solving this mystery.
30th June 2011, 11:58 AM   |  #25  

6 posts
Hi All,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...58&postcount=9

Well, I was looking in the wrong place. For people with 10.1 (non V) and WIFI only this link above links to the appropriate wpa_supplicant file to use for replacement. This works stabily on my tab.

Ben
The Following User Says Thank You to blicht10069 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2011, 12:12 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 3

28 posts
I have 10.1 (USA version) NOT v , and I used the file from this post I have no problem keeping the connection.
21st July 2011, 02:17 AM   |  #27  

75 posts
Same here, but I did have the wifi problem with the first file but no with the second.
26th July 2011, 03:36 AM   |  #28  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blicht10069

My tablet is wifi only. Perhaps this is the issue. Has anyone gotten this to work who has a wifi only tablet (retail edition)?

Works for me with rooted retail 32GB wifi Galaxy Tab 10.1. Of course, I spent about two hours poking around in another forum about connecting the older Galaxy Tab to an ad hoc network before I realized I was in the wrong forum. Doh!
26th July 2011, 12:07 PM   |  #29  

21 posts
So far working on Retail 10.1 using the file and instructions from the first thread- drnackers.
I have been using it all day with "wireless tether for root users" (using my phone as a makeshift router) running on my Android phone (adhoc mode) and also cifs client connected to a network share on my desktop streaming files to test it out.
Works fine after reboot, no disconnects all day,

I show a asterisks in front of the network name.

10.1 retail, rooted, locked bootloader,
Thanks to all.
Last edited by SnarfSnarf; 26th July 2011 at 12:12 PM.
27th July 2011, 09:45 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
More
You are my hero.

We are going on an 8 hour road trip and I wanted my kids to be able to watch movies on the tab on the way via youtube.

This was my first time using ADB and after a little tinkering (and READING) got it all sorted and am connected to my 10.1 via barnacle on my Fascinate.

Cheers for the easy read through!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread