[APP] Angel Dialer 1.0.6 - Bug fixes and optimization (2011-09-04)

OP thinkpanda

17th May 2011, 12:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 40

38 posts
Latest Release is 1.0.6

Angel Dialer is a T9 phone dialer for Android platform. The objective of the app is make really fast searching It has slight emphasis on searching of Chinese contacts, but English contacts searching is fine.

If you like Angel Dialer, buy the ad-free Angel Dialer Pro..

Please comment so I can further improve it.

Features Highlight

- T9 keypad quick search
- Blazingly fast contact searching
- Multitouch keypad for faster input of numbers

- Search contacts by whole word or first character of words
- Search contacts with Latin alphabet, Cyrillic alphabet and Chinese phonetic (Hanyu Pinyin, MPS or Cantonese)
- Both contact name and phone number are searched
- Wild card search phone number and contact name (e.g Enter "123*4" match phone number "12399444")
- Filter contact list or search result by contact groups. (Please press "Menu" button)
- Search mode for entering keyword directly.
- Landscape mode. Support native landscape devices like Motorola Flipout.
- Open Voice mailbox

- Show all phone numbers of contact in one place (click the thumbnail)
- Display custom phone and email type of Google contacts
- Long click contacts to show contextual options.
- Share contacts as text or vCard.
- Besides English, the application is localized to Traditional, Simplified Chinese and Russian
- Support adding pause to phone numbers
- Two color schemes

Angel Dialer Free [Android Market]http://bit.ly/iE5MJJ

Angel Dialer Pro [Android Market]http://bit.ly/ilkcKR

Recent Changes:

New: Option to change keypad hint size (see "keypad" in preferences)
Fix: Incorrect sorting order in search page if system date/time is not correct.
Fix: Search page becomes blank occassionally
Fix: various FC problems.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	contacts.jpg
Views:	4643
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	598813   Click image for larger version

Name:	keypad.jpg
Views:	5563
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	598814   Click image for larger version

Name:	search.jpg
Views:	4401
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	598815   Click image for larger version

Name:	bigview.jpg
Views:	4016
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	598816  
Last edited by thinkpanda; 4th September 2011 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Product update
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thinkpanda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2011, 02:00 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 36

695 posts
tried this.. quite decent.. not a fan of the ads though.. I wish there was a sms shortcut for each contact like there's a call shortcut for each contact.
19th May 2011, 06:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukesky

tried this.. quite decent.. not a fan of the ads though.. I wish there was a sms shortcut for each contact like there's a call shortcut for each contact.

Thanks for trying. Do you mean you would like

1. clicking on contact means composing sms rather than make a voice call? or
2. one more button or something like that for each contact so that you can start composing sms in one tap?
19th May 2011, 10:25 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 229

1,885 posts
More
Nice design, I would like a silver instead of black color for bar and keypad option though.
Please add greek keypad language and search. Here is letter layout:
-----------------
αβγ δεζ
ηθι κλμ νξο
πρσς τυφ χψω
----------------

P.S
Here is the greek translation:
Attached Files
File Type: rar angeldialergrek.rar - [Click for QR Code] (5.3 KB, 127 views)
20th May 2011, 09:37 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 36

695 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpanda

Thanks for trying. Do you mean you would like

1. clicking on contact means composing sms rather than make a voice call? or
2. one more button or something like that for each contact so that you can start composing sms in one tap?

I would like option 2. Right now when i search for a contact, and a contact is found, once i click on the contact, it auto dials, which is fine. If i click on the little man icon on the right side of the contact name, a smaller sub menu appears listing down the contact's info. so i'm just thinking if there's an option to replace that little man icon with a sms shortcut so that if u click on that, then it will use the default mobile number and bring you to your default sms app with that default mobile number.

oh yes, a couple of feedback points .... but how am I going to clear the call logs with angel dialer? I couldn't find a way to do it.

And I don't know if it's just me but the graphics of the app don't seem too sharp, it's a little bit blurry. Not sure if you used lower res files so that the app will load faster ?
20th May 2011, 10:14 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 249

481 posts
Looks pretty promising!
I have 1 suggestion:

I would like the ability to show contacts that match the criteria at the beginning of the name first. Say I type "22". This means I am probably looking for AAron, ABraham or ACe (completely made up). Instead, names like mr lAAn of biancA Brown or 00316000022000 may end up before the other ones.
20th May 2011, 10:23 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukesky

I would like option 2. Right now when i search for a contact, and a contact is found, once i click on the contact, it auto dials, which is fine. If i click on the little man icon on the right side of the contact name, a smaller sub menu appears listing down the contact's info. so i'm just thinking if there's an option to replace that little man icon with a sms shortcut so that if u click on that, then it will use the default mobile number and bring you to your default sms app with that default mobile number.

oh yes, a couple of feedback points .... but how am I going to clear the call logs with angel dialer? I couldn't find a way to do it.

And I don't know if it's just me but the graphics of the app don't seem too sharp, it's a little bit blurry. Not sure if you used lower res files so that the app will load faster ?

Thanks for you opinions. Regarding to call log deletion, just long click the contact and have a look at the last two menu items.

What device are you using? Maybe I miss some environment specific images?
20th May 2011, 10:25 AM   |  #8  
OP Member

38 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxzyzd

Looks pretty promising!
I have 1 suggestion:

I would like the ability to show contacts that match the criteria at the beginning of the name first. Say I type "22". This means I am probably looking for AAron, ABraham or ACe (completely made up). Instead, names like mr lAAn of biancA Brown or 00316000022000 may end up before the other ones.

Thanks for your comment. May be I make it an option for "match from beginning" or "match anywhere"...
20th May 2011, 12:48 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 249

481 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpanda

Thanks for your comment. May be I make it an option for "match from beginning" or "match anywhere"...

Or the first few in the list " Match from beginning" and then below that " match from anywhere" , that's what I meant
20th May 2011, 01:25 PM   |  #10  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 509

117 posts
More
thanks , can i download with my dolphin browser?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, dialer
Previous Thread Next Thread