Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,497 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG Optimus 7 for 215 in UK

Tip us?

karnka
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Haven't looked at the manual yet but the phone turns on fine.

longshanks
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Got mine today for 184.99 delivered from Expansys.

Version = LG-E900AT-00-V10c-268-XXX-OCT-2010

O/s = 7.07004.0
Firmware = 1.03.10
H/w = 1.0.0.0
Radio s/w = 1.03.10
Eadio h/w = 0.3.5.0
Bootloader = 1.5.0.0
Chips soc = 0.30.2.0

I have the bluetooth issue - what do I do? Return the phoen or will a s/w upgrade sort it out?

mrtivo601f
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If it were me, return it ASAP. Use the 7 days distance selling regulations clause for return, notify them and return it with proof of postage (think that covers you the amount paid), or recorded/special delivery. Don't wait for any kind of s/w upgrade, as I think it is a h/w issue.

Getting a bad vibe about this purchase now. I though Expansys were reasonably reliable / competent. Should have mine by the time I'm back in the UK, assuming the ash cloud has dispersed.

Bluetooth will be the first thing I try.

mrtivo601f
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just out of curiosity, those who recently bought their Optimus 7 from Expansys, where was the country of origin?

Mine came from France, via Germany to the UK. Just wondering if they all come the same route or from different places in the world. I was quite frankly amazed it was couriered this way, thought it would be dispatched from the UK directly.

firegalley246
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtivo601f View Post
Just out of curiosity, those who recently bought their Optimus 7 from Expansys, where was the country of origin?

Mine came from France, via Germany to the UK. Just wondering if they all come the same route or from different places in the world. I was quite frankly amazed it was couriered this way, thought it would be dispatched from the UK directly.
I ordered mine Monday for 185 (like lots of others, I'm guessing) and it also came from France, through Germany and then arrived at home on Wednesday, although I'm away so haven't had chance to open up the box.

Melkor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well, if someone is interessted:
A german Ebay Powerseller sells the german Optimus 7 (Vodafone branded) for 160€ (with Paypal)/135.
Including 2 years warranty - with the ability to send the devices abroad (only EU)
I think it is a very nice alternative to Expansys

This price was also my motivation to buy a WP7 handset

longshanks
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am sending mine back. Good phone but

1) Bluetooth does not work
2) Cannot connect to one of my routers
3) Play To feature does not work
4) Is not recognised by my PC

mrmoo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Looks like they are either refurbs or returned unsold from the networks (old stock)

i got one a few weeks ago from a retailer and it has the notorious dead bluetooth chipset

return it within 7 days ... lg support just tell you its a bug and ms fault and to wait for an update !

i have written to lg high command in the uk, who are stalling me ...

its a damned pity we dont have class action statute in the uk :(

mrtivo601f
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks View Post
I am sending mine back. Good phone but

1) Bluetooth does not work
2) Cannot connect to one of my routers
3) Play To feature does not work
4) Is not recognised by my PC
Quality control seems to be the root of the problem, some are good and some are bad. Given the number of people complaining about it not working, I can see why it is not a popular phone. For me, it appears I have a good one.
  • Bluetooth to a DriveClear sun visor speaker paired immediately. Connects / disconnects with no issues.
  • No issue with connecting to 2 different routers, both running WPA2.
  • DNLA support works amazingly well. Connects and plays 720p with no issues.
  • NoDo and the subsequent fraudulent certificate update worked with no problems, even on 64 bit Win7.

Mine is a Portuguese phone, if the LG 'upgrade' software is to be believed. The only download I have available was the Portuguese manual.

Mind you, I shall be keeping the receipt in the box, just in case. There are a few little niggles, mostly with the UI, but on the whole happy with the performance of the phone.

opti7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I haven't come across any issues with bluetooth yet, I tried pairing mine with my SE K800I but it didn't pair because WP7 does not support it, so in that regards it is a software issue, but the hardware picked up the phone as normal and tried to pair as normal. Mine was also a portugese model IIRC. Very impressed with the phone so far.