Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,836 Members 41,580 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What are your favorite Office Suites?
Documents To Go 4 11.11%
Picsel SmartOffice 2 5.56%
QuickOffice Pro 6 16.67%
Polaris Office 13 36.11%
Thinkfree Mobile 2 5.56%
OfficeSuite Pro+ 11 30.56%
Kingsoft Office 7 19.44%
SoftMaker Apps 4 11.11%
Other (e.g. Google Docs or other online apps) 2 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Comparison of EIGHT major Office Apps [02/18/2013; NEW: SoftMaker Apps]

Tip us?

neok44
Old
Thanks Meter 156
you sir are a god. i've been looking for something like this ever since i got my TF.

Good to see that basically Polaris is the best for word, which is what i use the most.

personally my only gripe against polaris is that it can't save in docx format which my school requires, but it also can't spell check if i'm typing from the TF keyboard, so i have to bring it into my windows PC anyway to review.

rpavich
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Very nicely done, easy to follow, thanks for doing that.

I also see that Polaris Office is best for me (when they fix the non-pasting bug)

funnycreature
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 508

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by neok44 View Post
you sir are a god. i've been looking for something like this ever since i got my TF.

Good to see that basically Polaris is the best for word, which is what i use the most.

personally my only gripe against polaris is that it can't save in docx format which my school requires, but it also can't spell check if i'm typing from the TF keyboard, so i have to bring it into my windows PC anyway to review.
thanks! I m trying to keep it updated. If users want me to test anything special then let me know! I plan to test the MS Equation object soon.

Sent from my TF101

AT&T Galaxy Note II running DS NE5; ASUS TF101 running andros11's LiquidSmooth 4.1.2 RC9; MotoACTV running DPRomBeta9.
Learn how to resize your UCCW widgets according to your launcher grid layout in BRKotucs theme thread.
Looking for an Office Suite for Tablets? Check out my comparison (Updated 02/17/2013)!
The Following User Says Thank You to funnycreature For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

byhoung
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I really appreciate how ASUS included competitive apps instead of halfassed ones that we will never use.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

ankas
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I was wondering if you have yet connected the transformer to a projector/beamer and started a presentation with polaris office? Did this work well? Could you easily go a slide further?
I was also wondering if any of these apps had handwriting recognition in Word? I mean writing on the screen with a capacitive stylus and the writing being recognized and changed into a word script. This seems to work very well on Win7 tablets with Word so hopefully on Android too.
And Thank you so much for the fabulous comparison.

funnycreature
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 508

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankas View Post
I was wondering if you have yet connected the transformer to a projector/beamer and started a presentation with polaris office? Did this work well? Could you easily go a slide further?
I was also wondering if any of these apps had handwriting recognition in Word? I mean writing on the screen with a capacitive stylus and the writing being recognized and changed into a word script. This seems to work very well on Win7 tablets with Word so hopefully on Android too.
And Thank you so much for the fabulous comparison.
I have not done either but I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. If you do a search there are some threads out there about using a stylus with the TF and about programs that do work with it. So far I have not come across handwriting support in the office suites but maybe someone can prove me wrong!

AT&T Galaxy Note II running DS NE5; ASUS TF101 running andros11's LiquidSmooth 4.1.2 RC9; MotoACTV running DPRomBeta9.
Learn how to resize your UCCW widgets according to your launcher grid layout in BRKotucs theme thread.
Looking for an Office Suite for Tablets? Check out my comparison (Updated 02/17/2013)!

Pepi70
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yep, Polaris Office is the best, but not yet good. I hate how is managed the showing of the soft keyboard, writing text, and the impossibility of correct selected text.
This is only an example.
Hope this app will be improved soon...
Pepi
----------------------
HTC Desire

funnycreature
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 508

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepi70 View Post
Yep, Polaris Office is the best, but not yet good. I hate how is managed the showing of the soft keyboard, writing text, and the impossibility of correct selected text.
This is only an example.
Hope this app will be improved soon...
I know ASUS isn't the developer of Polaris but if they have the same or even just a similar updating schedule we can hope for great things! However, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much!

Parafly
Old
Thanks Meter 7
What do you guys think of this vs. Google Docs ? I've been using Google Docs for a while. The download seems pretty decent at least for getting by while you are on the go.

funnycreature
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 508

DONATE TO ME
I am so jealous! It's time developers realize the productivity potential of Android tablets!

http://www.bgr.com/2011/05/31/apple-...ouch/#bXpulseX

Sent from my TF101

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funnycreature For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
comparison, documents to go, office suite, polaris, quickoffice