Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 51,753 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Infuse APN Settings help

Tip us?

flo7002
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Infuse APN Settings help

Hi guys, just got the new Infuse. I can't get data/3G. Voice works. I went into the APN settings, and there are two apns. One is called ATT Phone and one ATT WAP. I cannot choose between the two, I cannot delete them, I cannot edit them, I cannot add a new APN. Looking at the ATT WAP apn is missing the username and password, and I guess that's why it doesn't work.

I've never encountered an android device where I couldn't modify the apns, so I don't know what to do. Any ideas? Thanks!

shadow65781
Old
Thanks Meter 21
What provider are you using?
Look in the market for apn. I forget the name of it, but there are several apn managers in the market that will let you backup and edit your apn some Android phones require two to work it seems. And if memory serves one of them is mostly blank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to shadow65781 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flo7002
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
I'm using ATT. I played around it some more, and finally it let me save a new APN and I'm able to select it, so now everything works fine...

DarkH2O
Old
Thanks Meter 2
That was the normal setting for the phone as you described.

It should not have been a need for you to edit anything. My phone had the same settings and worked fine.

wawalker
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have the same problem. Can you give me an instruction of how to fix it?
The Following User Says Thank You to wawalker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Heuser1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I just went to setting>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names

Then i added the new APN that my service provider her in the Dominican Republic gave me.

Have not reset the phone or tried anything yet.

Is this the correct process? WHere have you guys been trying to change it that it will not let you?

rocksteady
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Here are the exact setting that work for me..
AT&T Settings.

Name: ATT WAP
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
Port: 80
Username: Not Set
Password: Not Set
Server: Not Set
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: None
APN type: internet + mms

I hope this helps like it helped me.
Rocky.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rocksteady For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Deathmvp
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Rocky is correct. I was having a similer issue and I have to add a new wntry by going to the Apn and adding a 3rd one like this. The name did not matter as I called mine test and used the same setting that Rocky posted (I got them from youtube shwing how to add it).

Now I have 3 APN and it works correctly.

sackarou
Old
Thanks Meter 0
THANK YOU!!! I am on infused 2.2.3 and everything was working peachy until a few days ago when I could no longer connect to data. I could get phone calls, but no data. I tried flashing a new modem, tried a new kernel, and was fixin to restore to stock because I didn't know what else to do until I say Rocky's post with the APN settings. This worked like a charm. Thanks again!!!

tgriffttu
Old
(Last edited by tgriffttu; 17th October 2011 at 04:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I was going to post this the other day but wanted to make sure it worked first. I stumbled onto this post in the SGS2 forums which gives the simplest solution that have given me the best result. The other suggested APN settings I've seen in various threads never worked for me. I wouldn't expect as monumental a jump in bandwidth as he shows, but it seems to be doing well otherwise.

[FIX] AT&T SGS2 Data Speed Issue's (Correct APN Settings)