Kernel taken from official Cyanogen git that is released in in new CM7...
Benefits over my HD kernel should be (NOT WILL BE) are faster, smoother and less battery draining kernel because of the official DHD drivers for 2.6.35 base and not some ported drivers from other 2.6.35 HTC devices...
This is all long done :
This is beta regarding patches for speed, smoothnes and battery, but everything else works. Wlan, camera, audio, video etc... At least for me.
I hope we will develope this kernel together..
Still misses some crucial patches like V(r) scheduler, VDD interface etc... this is first public release
- Based on official HTC 126.96.36.199 source reworked by cyanogen team
- BFQ v2.1 data I/O scheduler
- Patched to 188.8.131.52
- Lots of little patches and tweaks that were previously needed to be added manualy
- Added audio volume boost up to 22% on main speaker
- Added Battery fix
- Overclock to 2 GHz
- CPU freq going from 122MHz (230 default) to 1920MHz (1152 default)
- Default UV with maximum stability
- Allocated more GPU memory
- SLQB memory allocator added and set as default
- Patched libsqlite.so to disable db loops - credit goes to ownhere
- Enabled TinyRCU Bloatwatch edition v8 by default
- Hopefully compatible with all AOSP ROMS for DHD - CM7 all bases, MIUI, UltimateDroid...
- V(r) I/O data scheduler as default
- VDD interface for using UV scripts (by -snq)
- Tweaked read/write video buffer
- 2 way voice recording (don't forget to set settings in Call Recording app, MIUI users enable 3rd apps in your MIUI dialer)
- Proximity Recalibrator 1.6 ready - thread
- Lowered WiFi voltage (Ziggy741)
- Added BFS V404 task scheduler as default
- Jhash speedtweak
- Ported more than 70 patches from 2.6.38 base
- added brazilianwax governor, more agressive version of smartass governor based on new version
- USB Speed hack - from CodeAurora
- New governors InteractiveX and OndemandX - credits goes to Imoseyon
- Ported a lot of code and drivers from 184.108.40.206 and 3.0rc6 kernel - credits goes to Imoseyon
- I/O schedulers are changeable via No-Frills (who uses it)
- Longer battery overcharging after it reaches 100% than stock (not dangerous)
- fixed strobe light while Death Ray mode enabled
- Wifi driver from 3.0rc7 kernel included
- Preemped Tiny RCU as default with many, many tweaks
- Autogroup Scheduling added
- Block code from kernel 3.0 backported
- XZ comppresed kernel image
- Compiled with Linaro gcc 4.6.2 (2011.10)
- Kernel patched to 220.127.116.11
- Hardcoded float for ARM CPUs (now it uses hardware accalerated float calculation)
- Jhash3 speed tweak
- Kineto gan ready
- added FAST charging while connectied via USB or cheap Chinese chargers - thanks to Unity Team and seo
- a lot of other features
- added Smartass V2
Cyanogen kernels: http://blackice.omca.co.uk/download/...ginger-kernels
MIUI kernels: Download normal version, open zip (do not extract), delete libsqlite.so file from system/lib folder, close zip and flash
CallRecorder 1.0.27 alpha5 for download here
If you do a full wipe, you must first flash a ROM, than do a first boot with stock kernel! After that you can flash my kernel with any script you want.
Added flappjaxxx's UV script package with alienmind's LorDmodUV application for easier scripts manipulation with terminal commands in second post!!
Use Proximity Recalibrator 1.6 from this thread and minimum nightly 92 for the recalibrator to workIf you want SD card speed patch, put this file into /etc/init.d folder and give it executable perrmision. It can corrupt your SD data! CAUTION - BACKUP
AGAIN - don't FORGET to do a nandroid backup prior to flashing!
Kernel name explanation for NOOBS:
- 2WCR - Two Way Call Recording support - now you can record incoming and outgoing calls - thanx to avs333 and skvalex for this thread
- BFS - Brain **** Scheduler is a task scheduler - major performance increase over stock CFS (Completely Fair Scheduler)
- VIO - V(r) Input/Output scheduler - controls data input and output (memory card, disk, etc..) - stock kernel has CFQ
- SLQB - a low level memory allocator/manager - stock kernel has SLAB
- MIUI - kernel for MIUI ROM
- AOSP - Android Open Source Project - so don't rlash this on SENSE based roms
Don't replace Vio with BFS.. Completly 2 different things.. kernels come by default with Vio Input/Output scheduler and now also with BFS task scheduler (before was CFS as default in most of kernels)
Difference between BFS and CFS - link
This article is rather old....
Governors for NOOBS:
- interactive - Instead of sampling the cpu at a specified rate, the governor will scale the cpu frequency up when coming out of idle. When the cpu comes out of idle, a timer is configured to fire within 1-2 ticks. If the cpu is 100% busy from exiting idle to when the timer fires then we assume the cpu is underpowered and ramp to MAX speed.
- smartass - Is an improved version of interactive governor
- ondemand – Available in most kernels, and the default governor in most kernels. When the CPU load reaches a certain point (see “up threshold” in Advanced Settings), ondemand will rapidly scale the CPU up to meet demand, then gradually scale the CPU down when it isn't needed.
- conservative – Available in some kernels. It is similar to the ondemand governor, but will scale the CPU up more gradually to better fit demand. Conservative provides a less responsive experience than ondemand, but can save battery.
- performance – Available in most kernels. It will keep the CPU running at the “max” set value at all times. This is a bit more efficient than simply setting “max” and “min” to the same value and using ondemand because the system will not waste resources scanning for CPU load.
- powersave – Available in some kernels. It will keep the CPU running at the “min” set value at all times.
- userspace – A method for controlling the CPU speed that isn't currently used by SetCPU. For best results, do not use the userspace governor.
- brazilianwax - Very agresive version of smartass
- interactiveX - Tweaked Interactive governor by Imoseyon by adding more features like suspend/wake profile
- ondemandX - Tweaked and ported from 2.6.38 base Ondemand governor by Imoseyon by adding more features like suspend/wake profile
KERNEL UV PACKAGE BY flappjaxxx and alienmind:
This is a full package of all of the undervolt scripts available for the LordModUE Kernel.
It contains -25mV, -50mV, Ultra Undervolt, Pinky Undervolt & Stable Pinky Undervolt by killersloth all activated and deactivated with the LorDmodUV application
It also contains a reset.zip for those that can't boot after undervolting located in /sdcard/resetuv
There is also a README.txt for Usage and instructions also in /sdcard/resetuv
Just flash from recovery & reboot
Thanx goes to: Cyanogenmod team - especially Kali- and cyanogen, James Zdiebkowski, LeeDroid, Apache14 (aka BumbleBee), MDJ, avs333, cattleprod, Imoseyon, Savaged-Zen, Zendroid, betatesters, Talon crew, Tiamat crew...
DONATIONS so far: Walker Street, alexmason14, McGyver85, danalive, justaguy84, giant420, HTCinToronto, bjonkers, fidorulz, henrybravo, justin0307, flappjaxxx, baltazar.nilsson X2, heydabop, a user, McKebapp, El Presidente81, alienmind, i_heart_u , joedeuce X2, Jan Handschuh, ...