[MOD] Take photos with the R button - Now on the market!

18th May 2011, 10:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 38

66 posts
Donate to Me
More
After reading a thread on here before about this is (which i cannot find again) I decided to get to work to make this work, and after a little bit of poking about i managed to get it to work!

The app is now on the market! either search for "xperia play camera" or you use this link https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result.

The instructions are now obsolete but im keeping them there for completeness.

Installation Insturctions
1. Backup the original camera application with a root application manager e.g. titanium backup
2. Then delete the original camera app
3. Reboot your phone
4. Install the .apk from below

If you have a previous version installed you do not need to delete the old one or reboot just install as you would any other app

Version history
v5 - fixed remaining issues this is the final version as of time of writing please report any issues.
v4 - fixed video mode and added non root version
v3 - pictures now taken on release of R1 and menu position fixed
v2 - Decreased menu size by about 40% and fixed minor graphical glitches with menus
v1 - Original release, has VERY large menus

Hope you guys like it!
Last edited by Zoop57; 12th June 2011 at 10:11 PM.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Zoop57 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2011, 11:11 PM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 30

221 posts
Donate to Me
More
Removed my old camera app with titanium backup, tried to install this one, got a message saying 'application not installed'.
18th May 2011, 11:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

66 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyzm

Removed my old camera app with titanium backup, tried to install this one, got a message saying 'application not installed'.

That's odd that's the issue i was getting before i removed the camera app fully, make sure you have unknown sources enabled and i used antek app manager to remove it so manbe give that a go. Ill look into it.
19th May 2011, 12:32 AM   |  #4  
Flag Exeter
Thanks Meter: 333

919 posts
Donate to Me
More
I will defo be trying this!!
19th May 2011, 04:09 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 85

380 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyzm

Same thing happened to me. Just reboot your phone after you remove the app and the install should work, worked for me
19th May 2011, 04:18 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 85

380 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop57

After reading a thread on here before about this is (which i cannot find again) I decided to get to work to make this work, and after a little bit of poking about i managed to get it to work!

Currently the shutter button on the screen remains highlighted until you tap the screen, not a big issue but its one I didn't have time to resolve, maybe later.

To install the app (.apk attached) you need to remove the one that came with the phone and then install this one, I would recommend backing up the original first too.

Hope you guys like it!

Did you update app without telling us? I dont get the highlighted shutter button after I take a pic. Also the menu options are huge! Anyway to fix that?
Last edited by emann56; 19th May 2011 at 04:20 AM.
19th May 2011, 07:12 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

66 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emann56

Did you update app without telling us? I dont get the highlighted shutter button after I take a pic. Also the menu options are huge! Anyway to fix that?

Oh god yeah I didnt notice that I basicly downloaded the latest source code for the camera app from the android git and edited the code involving shutter buttons, when I get a chance ill have a look why the fonts so big. Xxx

Sent from my R800i using XDA App
19th May 2011, 11:46 AM   |  #8  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 30

221 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emann56

Same thing happened to me. Just reboot your phone after you remove the app and the install should work, worked for me

Yep, this worked perfectly. Thanks!

Sent from my R800a using XDA App
19th May 2011, 06:16 PM   |  #9  
Flag Saint Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Thanks! Good job!!!
19th May 2011, 07:00 PM   |  #10  
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 189

676 posts
More
Cheers mate working fine. Backed up org. camera apk, then deleted it with titanium, rebooted and installed modded version without any issues

Regards Dousan...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread