XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stylus - gone from website

Tip us?

jmeich80
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stylus - gone from website

So I have been considering the HTC Flyer for a while because I was one few people that enjoyed the previous tablet/stylus era. But like everyone else I was pissed at the $80 stylus.

Today I was checking out the Best Buy website and I can't find the pen anymore. In fact the entire accessory tab is gone when you view the Flyer.

Maybe I am missing it, but I know I found it last week and now it seems to be gone. Do you think Best Buy/HTC actually listened to the public outcry and learned from the Xoom sales debacle and has decided to include the pen. (Or maybe they are just thinking about it, because the pen still isn't listed as being included either.)

nickmgray
Old
Thanks Meter 54
save yourself $20 + taxes and get it fro mExpansys for $60

http://www.expansys-usa.com/htc-flye...attery-210061/
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/htcsource

jpnava01
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stylus NOT Included in BB Package

I too have been checking on the Flyer for several weeks, went ahead and prepurchased it and picked it up May 22. The HTC pen was not there, checked back with BB and all they could say was $69 and it's yours. Been playing with it for several hours and I may yet return it as I can not see the worth. I have the Dell Streak 7 that my son wants, is the Flyer worth the big $. 12 days to return or not?

kcchen
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnava01 View Post
I too have been checking on the Flyer for several weeks, went ahead and prepurchased it and picked it up May 22. The HTC pen was not there, checked back with BB and all they could say was $69 and it's yours. Been playing with it for several hours and I may yet return it as I can not see the worth. I have the Dell Streak 7 that my son wants, is the Flyer worth the big $. 12 days to return or not?
Return it if you don't see the benefit of the pen. For the money there are a lot of other tablets out there in or below the price range without pen integration.

I personally would not keep the Flyer without the pen integration.

glitzbd
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Default Pen back @ BB site

Here it is

So the pen is back up, and I must say I love the pen for writing, although school doesn't roll back up until June 6th I'm doodling more than I should be haha... I admit 80 USD is steep in my opinion and Expansys seems to be the best route right now...
Other:
iPhone 4S

My HTC Devices:
Current
HTC Passion (Google Nexus One) - Nice screen!
Current ROM: eViL's NXSense v1.26 (My dad uses it now)

Former
B]Galaxy Tab 10.1[/B]
AOKP (Latest)

HTC Pyramid (HTC Sensation 4G) - Blazing fast, understatement
Last ROM: Virtuous Quattro (Latest)

HTC Flyer - HTC on the Big Screen!
Last ROM: FlyHoney ROM v0.2

HTC Ace (HTC Inspire 4G) - Left AT&T!

HTC Rhodium (AT&T Tilt 2)

HTC Raphael (AT&T FUZE)

HTC Kaiser (AT&T Tilt)

Renegade360
Old
(Last edited by Renegade360; 25th May 2011 at 05:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Word is other N-trig pens will work that might be priced lower. I could be wrong and haven't tested this but, Supposedly the Fujitsu stylistic q550 pen will work. It's $29.99 at CDW part number FPCPN36AP. At least thats the part on the Q550 sales page for accessories. If this is the case, no more $80 pens.

falconeight
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
I have a HTC stylus and another one given to me by my dad. If anyone wants it I will let it go for $50 plus $6 for shipping.
Nokia Lumia 920, S4, MacBook air

sdmad
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The stylus for Fujitsu new tablets works flawlessly on the Flyer

Renegade360
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Returned the $80 pen to bestbuy. Ordered the $25 pen directly from Fujitsu. Will post when I get it to test.

threshold350
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Default ordered fujitsu pen

heard this supposedly works. we will see. i got free shipping so only had to tax. paid $26 and some change. used coupon code FPCFS67EP to get free shipping.