Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Stylus - gone from website

OP jmeich80

19th May 2011, 04:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
So I have been considering the HTC Flyer for a while because I was one few people that enjoyed the previous tablet/stylus era. But like everyone else I was pissed at the $80 stylus.

Today I was checking out the Best Buy website and I can't find the pen anymore. In fact the entire accessory tab is gone when you view the Flyer.

Maybe I am missing it, but I know I found it last week and now it seems to be gone. Do you think Best Buy/HTC actually listened to the public outcry and learned from the Xoom sales debacle and has decided to include the pen. (Or maybe they are just thinking about it, because the pen still isn't listed as being included either.)
23rd May 2011, 11:41 PM   |  #2  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 55

287 posts
More
save yourself $20 + taxes and get it fro mExpansys for $60

http://www.expansys-usa.com/htc-flye...attery-210061/
24th May 2011, 01:03 AM   |  #3  

4 posts
Stylus NOT Included in BB Package
I too have been checking on the Flyer for several weeks, went ahead and prepurchased it and picked it up May 22. The HTC pen was not there, checked back with BB and all they could say was $69 and it's yours. Been playing with it for several hours and I may yet return it as I can not see the worth. I have the Dell Streak 7 that my son wants, is the Flyer worth the big $. 12 days to return or not?
24th May 2011, 01:30 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 41

444 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnava01

I too have been checking on the Flyer for several weeks, went ahead and prepurchased it and picked it up May 22. The HTC pen was not there, checked back with BB and all they could say was $69 and it's yours. Been playing with it for several hours and I may yet return it as I can not see the worth. I have the Dell Streak 7 that my son wants, is the Flyer worth the big $. 12 days to return or not?

Return it if you don't see the benefit of the pen. For the money there are a lot of other tablets out there in or below the price range without pen integration.

I personally would not keep the Flyer without the pen integration.
24th May 2011, 09:05 AM   |  #5  
Flag Del City
Thanks Meter: 25

220 posts
More
Pen back @ BB site
Here it is

So the pen is back up, and I must say I love the pen for writing, although school doesn't roll back up until June 6th I'm doodling more than I should be haha... I admit 80 USD is steep in my opinion and Expansys seems to be the best route right now...
25th May 2011, 05:57 AM   |  #6  
SW FL
Thanks Meter: 8

77 posts
Word is other N-trig pens will work that might be priced lower. I could be wrong and haven't tested this but, Supposedly the Fujitsu stylistic q550 pen will work. It's $29.99 at CDW part number FPCPN36AP. At least thats the part on the Q550 sales page for accessories. If this is the case, no more $80 pens.
Last edited by Renegade360; 25th May 2011 at 06:09 AM.
27th May 2011, 09:39 PM   |  #7  
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 64

957 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have a HTC stylus and another one given to me by my dad. If anyone wants it I will let it go for $50 plus $6 for shipping.
5th June 2011, 08:10 PM   |  #8  

3 posts
The stylus for Fujitsu new tablets works flawlessly on the Flyer
9th June 2011, 05:50 AM   |  #9  
SW FL
Thanks Meter: 8

77 posts
Returned the $80 pen to bestbuy. Ordered the $25 pen directly from Fujitsu. Will post when I get it to test.
16th December 2011, 07:17 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 30

148 posts
ordered fujitsu pen
heard this supposedly works. we will see. i got free shipping so only had to tax. paid $26 and some change. used coupon code FPCFS67EP to get free shipping.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread