Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Headphones

OP jbrussee

19th May 2011, 07:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Bradenton
Thanks Meter: 6

139 posts
More
Im looking for headphones that have music seek controls (forward and back), pause, and a mic. They have to be compatible with the Atrix, as my nexus headphones are not.

Sent from my GingerBlur'd, de-odex'd, modded Motorola Atrix 4G (ish.)
19th May 2011, 07:52 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bogota
Thanks Meter: 83

424 posts
More
Sony Ericsson MW600. Bluetooth headphones that work pretty well with the Atrix.
19th May 2011, 01:08 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

40 posts
you need to make sure you have compatible software (music player) - there are only 4 wires (connections) - left and right audio, mic, and ground - putting more buttons doesn't change this fact.

Something has to interpret what connections you are making and breaking and turn that into actions.
19th May 2011, 02:27 PM   |  #4  
Flag Aberdeen
Thanks Meter: 760

3,337 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrussee

Im looking for headphones that have music seek controls (forward and back), pause, and a mic. They have to be compatible with the Atrix, as my nexus headphones are not.

I use these for both travel, and to drown out noise at work while I am constipating deeply:

Motorola S9-HD

So far I have had 5 hours battery life on a full charge, despite reading previously that a full charge was 2-1/2 - 3 hours. Now I have had time to really use them I have found it to be good. Also, the mic, although in one of the earpieces has had good feedback as far as people hearing me on calls. Atrix battery barely drains while using these over bluetooth.
19th May 2011, 04:59 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 62

599 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaelanT

I use these for both travel, and to drown out noise at work while I am constipating deeply:

Motorola S9-HD

So far I have had 5 hours battery life on a full charge, despite reading previously that a full charge was 2-1/2 - 3 hours. Now I have had time to really use them I have found it to be good. Also, the mic, although in one of the earpieces has had good feedback as far as people hearing me on calls. Atrix battery barely drains while using these over bluetooth.

I have the original S9 headphones, this 'sport headset' stopped working because of moisture while using at the gym. I just put them in a box, but discovered that this is a major and longstanding issue that Motorola refuses to address. Sound familiar?
19th May 2011, 06:59 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 131

757 posts
More
S#
I hear the S10 headphone are horrendous. The reviews on amazon are bad.
I have a S9-HD (came from moto warranty), and they are pretty good with Atrix. My previous phone seemed to hate them. Coudln't get a foot away without it cracking out. Seems to work okay with Atrix.
Just make sure you buy them from moto or amazon... there are a lot of fakes.
Other ones I like are the HT820's from moto, but I don't htink they sell them anymore. They are kind of big (and hurt your ears until you get used to them), but they have amazing range and like 15 hours of battery.
19th May 2011, 11:08 PM   |  #7  
Flag Aberdeen
Thanks Meter: 760

3,337 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgamerz

Just make sure you buy them from moto or amazon..

Link I posted was for Newegg............doesn't get any better than that as far as product, delivery, and customer service!
20th May 2011, 05:32 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 131

757 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaelanT

Link I posted was for Newegg............doesn't get any better than that as far as product, delivery, and customer service!

Unless you're a student and have free 2 day shipping on almost everything from amazon
20th May 2011, 08:13 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Bradenton
Thanks Meter: 6

139 posts
More
Thanks so much guys!

20th May 2011, 10:55 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 17

329 posts
Have you considered something like the jabra bt3030? Has controls and Mic but allow you to use your own headphones quality headphones. I think there is also a jabra clip or something like that. Might be worth looking into.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread