[APP] GTasks - Synchronize Your Tasks With Google v0.9.9

OP appest

20th May 2011, 02:26 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 27

98 posts
More
Ah! Nice to see this mentioned here, I have been using it for a long while as well! Regarding the recent UI changes, the only minor issue I have is the sync animation is very close in colour to the colour of the top bar of the app, so sometimes its really hard to see when its syncing - particularly outside in sunshine.

One other question that I have been meaning to ask almost as long as I have been using it is: does it only sync if you have the app open, or the widget running ?

Although I have it set up to Auto Sync, I don't use the widget as I have the tasks displayed in the Android Agenda Widget along with all my calendar entries. I find I then have to manually sync via the app to update the agenda widget after any changes via Google Calendar, if you see what I mean!
The Following User Says Thank You to lordgoata For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2011, 03:13 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rori~

I like this app and use it for quite a time now..
Its a good thing lot of colors are in drawable.xmls and not as pngs

problem:
- apps layout (colors) is hardcoded in layout folder, which is not accessible through t-mo theme engine.

Could you redirect the colors, like you did with the widgets to drawable.xmls, so one could theme it too

Thanks
Will check that out
20th May 2011, 03:18 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enLC

Was that the stipulation? Ok, my bad, nevermind. Free version is ad-supported, so I wasn't sure. It just said "Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software, or commercial services. unless youre posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com."

In any case, the app is great, and I sent links to it to people I know with android phones a week or so ago when I discovered it. I wish more apps would do data/account syncing correctly like this one does - I hate the apps that just send you to a webpage or make you enter a name and password.

Sorry, I'm not very clear about the stipulation...
And thank you for your recommendation We will keep moving on, try to make it better.
20th May 2011, 03:23 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway1

im using this long time and its finaly geting really nice updates! keep up good work!
suggestions:
- improve widget
- custom colors text / BG i like it transparent
- scrollable widget
- sync now button
- add option to chose sync interval

new UI is really nice!!!

Thanks for you suggestions. We are working on the widget, the scrollable is coming...
20th May 2011, 03:38 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgoata

Ah! Nice to see this mentioned here, I have been using it for a long while as well! Regarding the recent UI changes, the only minor issue I have is the sync animation is very close in colour to the colour of the top bar of the app, so sometimes its really hard to see when its syncing - particularly outside in sunshine.

One other question that I have been meaning to ask almost as long as I have been using it is: does it only sync if you have the app open, or the widget running ?

Although I have it set up to Auto Sync, I don't use the widget as I have the tasks displayed in the Android Agenda Widget along with all my calendar entries. I find I then have to manually sync via the app to update the agenda widget after any changes via Google Calendar, if you see what I mean!

The sync animation is the default of android progress bar, it might be hard to see clearly in some custom roms.
By now, auto sync means the app will sync when something changed locally, add/delete/edit a task or tasklist. The widget will not update if you changed via web or some other way out of GTasks, for the app won't pull data from server automatically. We will consider that.
The Following User Says Thank You to appest For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2011, 03:49 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 27

98 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by appest

The sync animation is the default of android progress bar, it might be hard to see clearly in some custom roms.

This is just the standard 2.3.3 release Samsung just sent out for the SGS. The sync animation looks to be black, or dark grey at least. It was the same on 2.2 on the SGS as as well. Its no problem, I just thought I'd mention it

Quote:

By now, auto sync means the app will sync when something changed locally, add/delete/edit a task or tasklist. The widget will not update if you changed via web or some other way out of GTasks, for the app won't pull data from server automatically. We will consider that.

Ah! Ok, thanks for the explanation! Having it pull from the server would be awesome, so thank you for considering it
20th May 2011, 04:44 PM   |  #17  
Flag Fortaleza
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Thumbs up Very good app
Very good app. I use everyday and I have 6 widgets in my workspace.

I have only one suggestion: create more widgets with bigger size, we have 4x1 and 4x2. And sometimes I have some lists with hundreds of items.

Thanks!
20th May 2011, 04:50 PM   |  #18  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 705

3,942 posts
Donate to Me
Originally Posted by rori~
I like this app and use it for quite a time now..
Its a good thing lot of colors are in drawable.xmls and not as pngs

problem:
- apps layout (colors) is hardcoded in layout folder, which is not accessible through t-mo theme engine.

Could you redirect the colors, like you did with the widgets to drawable.xmls, so one could theme it too

Quote:
Originally Posted by appest

Thanks
Will check that out

Sorry
of course its themeable, my bad, I just did it wrong! - thanx and done!
20th May 2011, 06:40 PM   |  #19  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 9

96 posts
Donate to Me
More
I just added some tasks to my Google tasks using my pc browser and noticed there is no way to add a due date with a specific time. Is there any way you can incorporate this into your app or no because it isn't native to Google tasks?

TIA
20th May 2011, 06:56 PM   |  #20  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 171

178 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've been using this app/widget for a while, coming from Astrid.
I must say it's here to stay!
Plus, the developer reads and answer your emails! Amazing!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gtask, gtasks, note, task, todo
Previous Thread Next Thread