5,597,937 Members 39,333 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Case/stand designed for TF

Tip us?
 
tom0927
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 72
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Default Case/stand designed for TF

Just saw on a chinese forum that a case/stand is being sold in China that's designed for the TF. The cost over there is 88yuan.. approx $13-14 USD. It looks sturdier then the official one. I hope it'll get listed on ebay soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20110519_653d36e00606c6b85ccd6qjklkNQPq26.jpg
Views:	847
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	601744   Click image for larger version

Name:	20110519_5f55ab17cab9402eaaadmN3y2IiTH1Tg.jpg
Views:	832
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	601745   Click image for larger version

Name:	T2xMVJXidaXXXXXXXX_!!676700126.jpg
Views:	776
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	601746   Click image for larger version

Name:	T2i30JXdVaXXXXXXXX_!!676700126.jpg
Views:	854
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	601748  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom0927 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MACscr
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 88
Join Date: Dec 2009
I'm really hating these cheap "leather" cases I'm seeing for tablets. Its mainly the huge "frame" around the screen that I'm not liking.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium App
 
rio911
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 186
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cardiff
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom0927 View Post
Just saw on a chinese forum that a case/stand is being sold in China that's designed for the TF. The cost over there is 88yuan.. approx $13-14 USD. It looks sturdier then the official one. I hope it'll get listed on ebay soon!
Thanks, looks interesting. If it is cheaper than the ASUS case, I might give it a try.

rio
 
pastey
Old
#4  
pastey's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 144
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Devon
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom0927 View Post
Just saw on a chinese forum that a case/stand is being sold in China that's designed for the TF. The cost over there is 88yuan.. approx $13-14 USD. It looks sturdier then the official one. I hope it'll get listed on ebay soon!
Think i will give this a try also when its released...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium App
 
hjpark68
Old
#5  
hjpark68's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 87
Join Date: Nov 2008
Want to try it. Any web site info? even Chinese web..
 
fteocs
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 19
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom0927 View Post
Just saw on a chinese forum that a case/stand is being sold in China that's designed for the TF. The cost over there is 88yuan.. approx $13-14 USD. It looks sturdier then the official one. I hope it'll get listed on ebay soon!
Wow...looks like Crown Case for Xoom.....visit amazon to see, almost the same
 
newtybar
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 232
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACscr View Post
I'm really hating these cheap "leather" cases I'm seeing for tablets. Its mainly the huge "frame" around the screen that I'm not liking.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium App
Hey, if it ends up being 20 total and protects my tablet.

I'm all in.
 
MACscr
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 88
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtybar View Post
Hey, if it ends up being 20 total and protects my tablet.

I'm all in.
I get what you mean and I am all for a < $20 solution, but I also dont want something that is going to add 50% more weight/size to the tablet. Plus a lot of the "leather" ones that I have seen are the very cheap type of "leather" that is more "plasticy" and will fall apart fast. This is not my experience with this exact product, just with other products like it. Its just disappointing that there isnt better cases available for the transformer yet. Its really to bad we dont have a "smart cover" type option like the ipad has. That is pretty slick and I am definitely not a apple fan.
 
dcmtnbkr
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 90
Posts: 759
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
I'd buy this for $20 in a heartbeat.
Nexus 7 2013 - Current Tab
Nexus 7 2012 - In dash install
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
 
newtybar
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 232
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACscr View Post
I get what you mean and I am all for a < $20 solution, but I also dont want something that is going to add 50% more weight/size to the tablet. Plus a lot of the "leather" ones that I have seen are the very cheap type of "leather" that is more "plasticy" and will fall apart fast. This is not my experience with this exact product, just with other products like it. Its just disappointing that there isnt better cases available for the transformer yet. Its really to bad we dont have a "smart cover" type option like the ipad has. That is pretty slick and I am definitely not a apple fan.
I agree, i would pay a premium for a smart cover like option.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android Control Center Becomes Quick Control Panel, Brings Host of New Features

You may recall that back in August of last year, we talked … more

Polish Your Custom Themes with Theme Debugger

Creating a custom Android theme from scratch can be quite the laborious task. In addition to … more

Clean Up Your Logcat Code with Lib Cleaner

Some of you may think that writing code is the hardest part of development. It’s not, as the … more

Tweak Your Xperia Device’s Camera App Yourself

We’ve come to expect nearly perfect cameraperformancein our modern day … more