Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,266 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q][Android]How do I batch reinstall apps after flashing custom rom?

Tip us?

Hultner
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q][Android]How do I batch reinstall apps after flashing custom rom?

I've just started trying out custom roms and I've noticed while some roms such as CyanogenMod lets you restore all previously installed apps upon installation other ones doesn't. If I flash a rom which doesn't support it all my apps still stand as installed if I search for them in market on the computer however it's a pain to manually reinstall all apps so is there anyway to trigger something which reinstall all apps like CM do?

wdkingery
Old
Thanks Meter 66
well, i don't know what PHONE you are using, but on my inspire 4g with a gingerbread rom, altho the rom doesn't do much with app reloads, just by signing into my google account my apps reappear on their own.
Note 3

plainjane
Old
Thanks Meter 462
Use Titanium Backup. Run a batch backup of user apps. Then when you install a new rom, run a batch restore. This will restore data as well - game progress, an app's settings, etc. The free version only allows one backup at a time (if you backup the app again, it overwrites the last backup) and you have to agree to the permissions of each app. In the paid version, you can set the max number of backups yourself and everything will install in the background. There's tons of other cool stuff the app can do, I suggest checking it out.

(from... Evo/MIUI/Tapatalk)
HTC Supersonic (EVO 4G)
HW 003
Hboot 2.02 S-Off
Amon Ra recovery
More stuff that I'm too lazy to figure out and type.
MIUI 2.3.2_b1 ES (by Swiperat)
Extended Settings Mod
Tiamat 4.1.0 SBC

My wallpaper collection
GTalk: ohhhgeez@gmail.com

If you think I can help you with something or need me to elaborate on a post then feel free to pm me. I'll try my best to help you out.

Oh, and I have a vagina. Fear me :P

tazfanatic
Old
Thanks Meter 1224
Quote:
Originally Posted by plainjane View Post
Use Titanium Backup. Run a batch backup of user apps. Then when you install a new rom, run a batch restore. This will restore data as well - game progress, an app's settings, etc. The free version only allows one backup at a time (if you backup the app again, it overwrites the last backup) and you have to agree to the permissions of each app. In the paid version, you can set the max number of backups yourself and everything will install in the background. There's tons of other cool stuff the app can do, I suggest checking it out.

(from... Evo/MIUI/Tapatalk)
This is the way to go. Trust me on that. One more thing if you kind of like a certain rom but you just want to try others make sure you do a nandroid back up. This makes life a hell of a lot easier if you don't like rom boot back to recovery and restore your last back up. I nan once a week so I keep a fresh image cuz I am always adding and removing apps.

Spart12
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazfanatic View Post
This is the way to go. Trust me on that. One more thing if you kind of like a certain rom but you just want to try others make sure you do a nandroid back up. This makes life a hell of a lot easier if you don't like rom boot back to recovery and restore your last back up. I nan once a week so I keep a fresh image cuz I am always adding and removing apps.
This saved me a time or two..good advise!!

charliehorse1967
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazfanatic View Post
As far as my experience when (this afternoon), TI is the ONLY way to go (although, you'll want to root first).

mevensen
Old
Thanks Meter 20
A follow up question on this topic. I have TI Pro and made a backup of apps and data. After flashing an update ROM on my EVO, I could get most of the apps, but not all of them back. Actually, some apps would not even reinstall -- e.g. Twitter gave me some error about a shared library missing. Any ideas?

holgalee
Old
(Last edited by holgalee; 11th June 2011 at 12:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 37
I bought the paid version of Titanium backup but during batch restore, I still have to press install/cancel and open/done for each app. Is that correct or did I miss changing a setting?

mevensen
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by holgalee View Post
I bought the paid version of Titanium backup but during batch restore, I still have to press install/cancel and open/done for each app. Is that correct or did I miss changing a setting?
Not sure, I have never had to do this, and I have not changed any settings that I know of.
----------------------------------------------------
Present mobile devices: Nexus 5 32 GB (Sprint), Galaxy Note 8, Nexus 10, Lenovo Yoga
Past mobile devices: Galaxy Note 2 (rooted), iPad 3rd gen, Nexus 7, EVO 4G LTE, iPhone 4S(Sprint), iPad2, HTC Flyer (stock), iPhone, iPhone 3GS, iPad(1), EVO 4G(EVO-Deck ROM), EVO 3D(stock), Acer Iconia A100, Acer Iconia A500(rooted stock 3.1, thor's kernel 1.15), Nexus S 4G(Stock2.3.7, stock kernel rooted)

Bluecham
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I am about to flash my first ROM on my Inspire. I did a NAND backup and copied all the contents of my sd card to my computer.

My question is if I transfer it back onto my sd card after flashing will it restore my apps and other data?

Tags
android, question, question about rom, restore apps