FORUMS

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more

The Curious Case Of The Flash Sale

What do the horses in the Xiaomi stable, notably the Mi 3, Mi 4, Redmi 1S, Redmi 2 & Redmi Note … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q][Android]How do I batch reinstall apps after flashing custom rom?

21st May 2011, 01:34 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I've just started trying out custom roms and I've noticed while some roms such as CyanogenMod lets you restore all previously installed apps upon installation other ones doesn't. If I flash a rom which doesn't support it all my apps still stand as installed if I search for them in market on the computer however it's a pain to manually reinstall all apps so is there anyway to trigger something which reinstall all apps like CM do?
 
 
21st May 2011, 04:56 AM |#2  
wdkingery's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag richmond
Thanks Meter: 68
 
More
well, i don't know what PHONE you are using, but on my inspire 4g with a gingerbread rom, altho the rom doesn't do much with app reloads, just by signing into my google account my apps reappear on their own.
21st May 2011, 05:11 AM |#3  
plainjane's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 462
 
More
Use Titanium Backup. Run a batch backup of user apps. Then when you install a new rom, run a batch restore. This will restore data as well - game progress, an app's settings, etc. The free version only allows one backup at a time (if you backup the app again, it overwrites the last backup) and you have to agree to the permissions of each app. In the paid version, you can set the max number of backups yourself and everything will install in the background. There's tons of other cool stuff the app can do, I suggest checking it out.

(from... Evo/MIUI/Tapatalk)
21st May 2011, 01:36 PM |#4  
tazfanatic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brockton, MA
Thanks Meter: 1,239
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plainjane

Use Titanium Backup. Run a batch backup of user apps. Then when you install a new rom, run a batch restore. This will restore data as well - game progress, an app's settings, etc. The free version only allows one backup at a time (if you backup the app again, it overwrites the last backup) and you have to agree to the permissions of each app. In the paid version, you can set the max number of backups yourself and everything will install in the background. There's tons of other cool stuff the app can do, I suggest checking it out.

(from... Evo/MIUI/Tapatalk)

This is the way to go. Trust me on that. One more thing if you kind of like a certain rom but you just want to try others make sure you do a nandroid back up. This makes life a hell of a lot easier if you don't like rom boot back to recovery and restore your last back up. I nan once a week so I keep a fresh image cuz I am always adding and removing apps.
22nd May 2011, 11:58 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazfanatic

This is the way to go. Trust me on that. One more thing if you kind of like a certain rom but you just want to try others make sure you do a nandroid back up. This makes life a hell of a lot easier if you don't like rom boot back to recovery and restore your last back up. I nan once a week so I keep a fresh image cuz I am always adding and removing apps.

This saved me a time or two..good advise!!
23rd May 2011, 03:21 AM |#6  
charliehorse1967's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Laurel, MD
Thanks Meter: 2
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazfanatic

This is the way to go. Trust me on that. One more thing if you kind of like a certain rom but you just want to try others make sure you do a nandroid back up. This makes life a hell of a lot easier if you don't like rom boot back to recovery and restore your last back up. I nan once a week so I keep a fresh image cuz I am always adding and removing apps.

As far as my experience when (this afternoon), TI is the ONLY way to go (although, you'll want to root first).
24th May 2011, 08:33 PM |#7  
mevensen's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
A follow up question on this topic. I have TI Pro and made a backup of apps and data. After flashing an update ROM on my EVO, I could get most of the apps, but not all of them back. Actually, some apps would not even reinstall -- e.g. Twitter gave me some error about a shared library missing. Any ideas?
11th June 2011, 12:52 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
I bought the paid version of Titanium backup but during batch restore, I still have to press install/cancel and open/done for each app. Is that correct or did I miss changing a setting?
Last edited by holgalee; 11th June 2011 at 12:56 PM.
11th June 2011, 02:42 PM |#9  
mevensen's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by holgalee

I bought the paid version of Titanium backup but during batch restore, I still have to press install/cancel and open/done for each app. Is that correct or did I miss changing a setting?

Not sure, I have never had to do this, and I have not changed any settings that I know of.
27th January 2012, 04:35 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
I am about to flash my first ROM on my Inspire. I did a NAND backup and copied all the contents of my sd card to my computer.

My question is if I transfer it back onto my sd card after flashing will it restore my apps and other data?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, question, question about rom, restore apps
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes