FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Vibrant flashable USB drive?

250 posts
Thanks Meter: 25

By dcaples002, Senior Member on 21st May 2011, 03:06 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey guys, I was wondering if it's possible to use turn my vibrant memory card into a flashabe USB drive. I'm trying to download things such as Ubuntu and windows 7.

21st May 2011, 05:57 AM |#2  
Flag Richardson, Tx
Thanks Meter: 568

More
if you are talking about your internal memory i would highly advise against that, it might be safe but im fairly certain it isnt, now you could turn the external sd into a flashable drive and use the vibrant just to store it but you are better off just buying a cheap 15 dollar thumbdrive from your local electronics store. IMO much safer and less chance of hurting your vibrant.
The Following User Says Thank You to shreddintyres For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2011, 06:24 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Ok thanks man. I was literally 5 seconds away from potentially messing up my phone. Ill just use my moms USB stick.
21st May 2011, 04:15 PM |#4  
Flag DFW
Thanks Meter: 59

More
I download programs to my Vibrant for storage all the time--Just make sure you do NOT un-zip them while on the phone.
21st May 2011, 06:35 PM |#5  
Flag Orlando Fl.
Thanks Meter: 631

More
It is perfectly safe so long as you don't try to flash it on the phone lol ....I use it as a flash drive all the time aswell.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
21st May 2011, 06:38 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 480

More
He's not talking about making it a storage drive. He's talking about messing with embrace and partitioning/formatting stuff, like making a USB windows 7 install drive, or w USB Ubuntu livecd which will mess up your phone trying to do that.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread