Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,964 Members 51,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Vibrant flashable USB drive?

Tip us?

dcaples002
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default Vibrant flashable USB drive?

Hey guys, I was wondering if it's possible to use turn my vibrant memory card into a flashabe USB drive. I'm trying to download things such as Ubuntu and windows 7.
HTC One S (S4)

Twitter: Dnt_KillMyViibe

shreddintyres
Old
Thanks Meter 529
if you are talking about your internal memory i would highly advise against that, it might be safe but im fairly certain it isnt, now you could turn the external sd into a flashable drive and use the vibrant just to store it but you are better off just buying a cheap 15 dollar thumbdrive from your local electronics store. IMO much safer and less chance of hurting your vibrant.
LG Nexus 5 - black - 32GB - SlimKat | Franco Kernel

Asus Nexus 7 (2013) - SlimKat | Franco Kernel

Samsung Galaxy Nexus - GSM (i9250) - Slim Bean(latest) | Franco Kernel (latest nightly)(retired)
Samsung T-Mobile Vibrant - ICZen (4.0.4) || ASUS Transformer Prime - Androwook || Kindle Fire - Completely stock(retired)
The Following User Says Thank You to shreddintyres For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dcaples002
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Ok thanks man. I was literally 5 seconds away from potentially messing up my phone. Ill just use my moms USB stick.
HTC One S (S4)

Twitter: Dnt_KillMyViibe

TheSneakerWhore
Old
Thanks Meter 59
I download programs to my Vibrant for storage all the time--Just make sure you do NOT un-zip them while on the phone.

Shortbus-Driver
Old
Thanks Meter 616
It is perfectly safe so long as you don't try to flash it on the phone lol ....I use it as a flash drive all the time aswell.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

geoffcorey
Old
Thanks Meter 477
He's not talking about making it a storage drive. He's talking about messing with embrace and partitioning/formatting stuff, like making a USB windows 7 install drive, or w USB Ubuntu livecd which will mess up your phone trying to do that.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
"If we amplify everything, nothing is heard."