21.5.11 New Updates For Samsung Galaxy S2 ....PDA:KE7 / PHONE:KE4 / CSC:KD1 (XEU)

Search This thread

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Has anyone noticed this from Device Magazine?
Again I am reading KE7 'supposedly' increases the battery performance.

This goes totally against what certain members are finding and reporting here.

Oh and the information also mentions the update can be done either by tapping “system updates” or connected via the Samsung Kies application.

artesea

Oct 2, 2008
Lincoln
Has anyone noticed this from Device Magazine?
Again I am reading KE7 'supposedly' increases the battery performance.
Problem is without official release notes we get posts on this forum saying "woo new firmware, so far battery life appears better", within minutes GSMArena post to say new firmware, fixes battery. Then other android sites copy this news over the next few days. Finally someone in this forum posts a link to one of the blog posts saying it must be true. Yet in this time users have had real experience of any changes, which often aren't the same as the original poster.

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Problem is without official release notes we get posts on this forum saying "woo new firmware, so far battery life appears better", within minutes GSMArena post to say new firmware, fixes battery. Then other android sites copy this news over the next few days. Finally someone in this forum posts a link to one of the blog posts saying it must be true. Yet in this time users have had real experience of any changes, which often aren't the same as the original poster.

I know.... I was being sarcastic to the comments ~ hence why I used the word 'supposedly' and then backing it up by agreeing other users are finding the opposite in the update.

Like you, I have been here long enough to know when you don't get accurate information the whole world may look as if it is collapsing to everyone.

jonkrav

May 11, 2011
Quick question for those on o2 I want to upgrade to KE7 but there is no update yet.

Can I flash using odin to KE7 from an o2 KE2 and not suffer any problems? I would rather wait then risk bricking the phone if that's not the case.

um4rio

Mar 12, 2011
I want to install the update on my UK Galaxy S2 as the auto brightness issue is really annoying me, BUT I don't want to lose the ability to root in the future (I am not rooted at the moment but I will root eventually when I get bored of the phone :))

So, will updating the firmware somehow 'lock' the bootloader, meaning that I would not be unable to root in the future? Or, is everything fine and this update just adds features? (rather than adding features AND and taking some away, such as the ability to root?)

thanks

eurodj

Mar 22, 2011
Just flashed KE7, rooted and reflashed KE7 kernel. All works fine.

However in KIES I get the following Software info for my phone now:

PDA:KE7 / PHONE:KE4 / CSC:KD1 (DBT)

and it says "This version of the device cannot be updated". No biggie as I may just have to flash back to the KE2 or just wait for the DBT update to hit I guess.
How did you root your phone i just got mine yesterday and am desperate to root!!! I had a nexus one and then an Nexus S with CM7 on both so im no rookie!! So please send info on how to root

cuker8

May 10, 2011
Hi all,
I can confirm that factory reset (which i made by code *2767*3855#) did awesome increase to battery capacity. Went through kdd, ke1 and finally ke7 (also 3 days before reset) so i can compare it... Using this perfect device over a month, the battery was never so good as now :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

valdigre

Nov 20, 2010
Dublin
Don't know if this was mentioned, but this firmware has broken bluetooth handset support in Skype (whatever bluetooth profile it uses). In KE1 my Jabra Halo worked no problems with Skype, both handset microphone and speakers were working fine.

On KE7 however, only speakers are working and my handset's microphone is not operational... By default phone's microphone is active, so I have to speak directly to phone's microphone... Damn it!

Bluetooth headphones work no problem when having normal phone call, only problem with Skype :/

Damien Hede

Jan 22, 2011
can you install samsung update after rooting?

I have rooted the S2 and downloaded an update from samsung but not installed it. What will happen if I install?

oxoconstantineoxo

Aug 27, 2010
toruń
okay so... since kies doesnt show KE7 update for me. i wanted to install it via ODIN. but my phone isnt XEU (UK version) either. Its (SEK) UKRAINE.

What worries me... will ANYTHING happen if ill update to KE7?
My phone is UNbranded, no simplock, no root.

os version: 2.6.35.7-i9100XEKDB-Cl161513

so so? can i can i?

And whats more..

Can anyone who uses KE7 tell me if it support "POLISH LANGUAGE"?

(this is the rom i want to install http://www.multiupload.com/IBRBHDUDXI
found it on http://www.androidtotal.com/manually-download-install-xwke7-update-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-2/)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can anybody point me to the rooting thread that contains KE7 stock kernel ? Thanks.

Dev forum.

KE7 Kernel is up and Odin Firmware package is uploading. :)
    Things i've noticed are;

- Auto-brightness isn't as choppy/make huge changes, much smoother.

- Battery life seems to be fairing a bit better.

- Phone seems speedier;
    On KE1 my average quadrant score was 3,100. On KE7 the average score is 3,500.

On KE1 my average smartbench 2011 score was 3,700/2,200. Now my average is 4,000/2,400.

Haven't noticed anything else yet.

*EDIT*

- GPS is more accurate. Before I'd get Accurate to 22m-28m. Now I get accurate to 8m-14m.

*EDIT 2*

- Pink spot on the camera is MUCH MUCH less pronounced! Almost impossible to see it.

*EDIT 3*

- When the phone boots up there is more RAM free than before. On KE1 after turning the phone on, RAM usage would be at ~330mb/837mb. But now on startup its about 280mb/837mb. And when you click "clear memory" it free's up more RAM than it used to.
    Ok I get it, give me a break, 1st android phone (and no I didn't use an iPhone before that)

Nothing wrong with the iPhone. If it weren't for Apple and the iPhone, none of us would be using this phone right now. People seem to get all anti-fanboy about Apple and forget about these little facts ;)

Do I prefer my Android phone? Yes. Do I think the iPhone is crap? Hell no, it was an absolutely phenomenal invention and completely changed the way we use our phones.

Now, can anyone confirm that we can re-root the phone after the upgrade please? :)
    Nothing wrong with the iPhone. If it weren't for Apple and the iPhone, none of us would be using this phone right now. People seem to get all anti-fanboy about Apple and forget about these little facts ;)

Perhaps if it was a 'fact' people wouldn't forget it. Apple are experts at taking other people's ideas, making them shiny and easy to use, then through a media love-fest and some clever advertising, making certain people believe they were the first to come up with the concept. And you seem to have fallen for it. I bet you think the iPod was the first MP3 player too..... ;)

As for the new firmware, I wish they would come up with some changelogs for these things.
    one of the changes of KE7 i have noticed, is that The phone can now connect to Adhock networks :D

there were problems with Adhock earlier ;)