Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,690 Members 48,793 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flyer Cases

Tip us?

gordonzhao
Old
(Last edited by gordonzhao; 17th February 2012 at 02:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaco05 View Post
This Sprint one is leather and has a pen holder too:

http://shop2.sprint.com/NASApp/onlin...ubPageNumber=0

At $35 it may not be a bad buy. Anyone has tried it?
Just fyi, sprint will charge you shipping and tax. Adds up to more than 35, probably closer to 45 total.

edit, if you have a sprint store in your state, which I assume is almost all 50 states.

Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO View 4G (Honeycomb)
- Gordon

- Innostream Inno 90 > SE S700i > Motorola SLVR > SE w850i > TMO Wing > HTC Touch HD > BB Bold 9700 > BB Bold 9780 > HTC myTouch 4G > BB Bold 9780 > BB Bold 9900 > Samsung Galaxy S III > Samsung Galaxy Note II > HTC One M7 > Samsung Galaxy Note III

- HTC Evo View - Rooted. HC. > Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 [N8000]

mitchellvii
Old
Thanks Meter 1058
Quote:
This Sprint one is leather and has a pen holder too:

http://shop2.sprint.com/NASApp/onlin...ubPageNumber=0

At $35 it may not be a bad buy. Anyone has tried it?
I've tried this. It is ok but as you use it the corners of the cover begin to curl upward. Also, if you are going to buy a leather booklet type case you may as well get one that has the ability to also serve as a stand for watching movies on the tablet. This one does not.

irlanda3
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I bought the official one from HTC in true leather with stilus slot (my video review):

http://www.youtube.com/watchv=3gwoT5...HV7oiqmvth26w6

and one by cellular line not true leather and not stilus slot but with position lock, my video review for comparison

http://www.youtube.com/watchv=zJHtS0...KarrqKTAu5xR1d

Cor-master
Old
Thanks Meter 510
I'm really getting frustrated over trying to get a case for my flyer. I go to several stores around here and all their 7 inch tablet cases either suck, are overpriced, or purpose built only (ie nook tablet, amazon kindle) After trying Wal-mart, Target, and Best Buy, I gave up and went to Amazon. I ordered a case and after I ordered it I noticed my delievery estimate was something like April 1st and shipping was like 15-18 day. So I found a similar case that had 3-5 day shipping. That was Thursday. Its sunday and it didn't ship yet. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-Stealt...0888734&sr=8-4

Notice it says "in stock on march 15th, order now". It didn't say that when I ordered. The seller isn't going to ship my case till the 15th. Arghh!!! I just contacted the seller and asked him to cancel my order and refund me. Hopefully he does it, and I'll just run up to Frys electronics, a place I completely forgot about that I guarentee will have a nice 7 inch tablet case!

wasilvers
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I ordered the ace one like this (above) and the blurex case. It is made ok, looks good and has survived my kids so far. It was VIA amazon, they anticipated arrival date 3-4 weeks out, but it arrived in 3 days.
AT&T Note 2 on CleanRom 1.2
HTC Flyer on LeeDroid

FlyingKeitai
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudosmog View Post
For those that have the otterbox case, do you also have the pen, and is it more difficult to write/take notes etc with the extra bulk/raised edges on the otterbox case?
I'm left handed and I was thinking the raised edges would actually help keep my palm off the tablet while writing.
Some reviews said that the raised edges will make it uncomfortable to write on. I'm not sure... personally, I want to get one myself...

Flaco05
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor-master View Post
This is an OK case, but it folds in an awkward way when you flip the cover all the way back to write more comfortably on the tablet. I have a similar case (made by Vipertek) for my Galaxy Tab and the design is much better when it comes to folding the front flap, plus it was only $10!

WickeR
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Blurex Case

Blurex case w/stylus holder back in stock at Amazon $20.
http://www.amazon.com/BLUREX-Leather...1168462&sr=8-2

Cor-master
Old
Thanks Meter 510
Quote:
This is an OK case, but it folds in an awkward way when you flip the cover all the way back to write more comfortably on the tablet. I have a similar case (made by Vipertek) for my Galaxy Tab and the design is much better when it comes to folding the front flap, plus it was only $10!
I ended up canceling my order anyway. I got a tacono 7 inch tablet case noe, got it for $30 from frys. I wasn't initially sure I'd like it but after i put my tablet in it i reality it was perfect. Has a microfiber cleaning pad with it too!

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using XDA

FlyingKeitai
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Hi guys,
I decided to buy the YOOBAO Executive leather case for HTC Flyer.
Do you all think it's a good choice? I like the fact that the pen can be hidden in the spine.

And I can't decide which website to get from. Could you guys help me to see which one looks more reliable?
ONE or TWO

Thank you in advance! =)