Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

[Q] Is the imbalance between left and right speakers a software issue?

OP frosty5689

21st May 2011, 09:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 111

628 posts
More
I just got my replacement 32GB today and everything's great. Minimal light bleed, no flexing. The problem with the left and right channel not balancing still exists though. Just wondering if ASUS confirmed this as a software issue or hardware issue.

Sent from my Transformer TF101
21st May 2011, 11:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag dallas
Thanks Meter: 18

375 posts
and you are talking about a stereo signal right? (Not a youtube video)
Mine is perfect
21st May 2011, 11:56 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 111

628 posts
More
Yeah, using a clip made from Audacity to test left and right speaker results in the right one sounding audiably louder than the left.

Sent from my Transformer TF101
21st May 2011, 12:27 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 12

233 posts
Unfortunately I think it might be a hardware issue. It could be solved easily with some sort of software audio balance though.
21st May 2011, 03:46 PM   |  #5  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 310

704 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty5689

... The problem with the left and right channel not balancing s ...

Does the volume imbalance extend to the headphone jack or is it exclusively with the TF speakers? I have not seen this mentioned in the various threads on audio imbalance. This may indicate whether the issue is hardware or software based.
21st May 2011, 03:57 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 84

543 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DSammy

Does the volume imbalance extend to the headphone jack or is it exclusively with the TF speakers? I have not seen this mentioned in the various threads on audio imbalance. This may indicate whether the issue is hardware or software based.

With the 2 TF's I tried with, its just with the speakers. The audio from the jack is perfectly balanced
21st May 2011, 05:20 PM   |  #7  
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter: 61

520 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikar_NBK

With the 2 TF's I tried with, its just with the speakers. The audio from the jack is perfectly balanced

Unfortunately, this would make it more likely to be a hardware issue.

Netbook speakers *always* suck, so not too big of an issue to me. I'm sure someone will release a software hack to work around it.
21st May 2011, 05:31 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 84

543 posts
I tend to think it is a hardware issue. The 1st TF i got had the speaker imbalance issue, and the second one didn't have it. But, unfortunately, one of the speaker on my second TF completely died.
21st May 2011, 05:45 PM   |  #9  
Retired Moderator
Thanks Meter: 61

520 posts
More
21st May 2011, 06:27 PM   |  #10  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 4,781

5,559 posts
Donate to Me
More
I believe it's a software issue. Mine was pretty much the first that asus knew about that had this issue. They rma'ed mine for me and cross shipped one. But before I sent it back there was a firmware update and I tested the sound right before I put it in the box to send it back. It seemed to be balanced. I'm a musician and have a very sensitive ear. So when I heard it balanced I was surprised. At first even the tech in cali thought it could have been a HW issue but I told him after I updated to the .13 firmware my speakers were balanced. I now just got my 32gb. Upgraded it to prime that has the .13 update and my speakers are unbalanced. So it's odd. My 16gb with FW .9 and .12 the balance was off.. When I upgraded to the official .13 seemed to correct it. But with my 32gb the .13 fw(not official but prime) didnt fix it..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread