Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,234 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ANDROID on TOSHIBA TG01

Tip us?

BobCurby
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] ANDROID on TOSHIBA TG01

Hi
I have followed the rules and am more confused than before I started -straightforward question then. My son looked on this site, found details on Android for the TG01 and how to install it. I have been searching on this site since about 12:00 BST today and I haven't got anywhere. The links that keep being suggested don't seem to actually get me ANDROID on my phone.
So my question is IS IT IN FACT AVAILABLE for the TG01 - if YES - where can I get it? IF NO, then thanks I'll go away and never return... (I am not a developer nor am I that good at doing much more than unpacking and flashing the ROM)

My TG01 is running WM 6.5 and I have a demo of SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.5 build 10106 running. I haven't decided to buy SPB Mobile Shell yet. My son says ANDROID is better and I should install that - hence my visit and my question.

(By the way - reading some of the threads - I have to disagree with those who say AVOID the TG01, buy the HTC - my son dumped his HTC - I have had this TG01 since August 2009 and being able to see what is in effect a Toshiba mini touchscreen TV in HD for all the apps I use is FANTASTIC - so don't knock the TG01)

Thanks

olyloh6696
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCurby View Post
Hi
I have followed the rules and am more confused than before I started -straightforward question then. My son looked on this site, found details on Android for the TG01 and how to install it. I have been searching on this site since about 12:00 BST today and I haven't got anywhere. The links that keep being suggested don't seem to actually get me ANDROID on my phone.
So my question is IS IT IN FACT AVAILABLE for the TG01 - if YES - where can I get it? IF NO, then thanks I'll go away and never return... (I am not a developer nor am I that good at doing much more than unpacking and flashing the ROM)

My TG01 is running WM 6.5 and I have a demo of SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.5 build 10106 running. I haven't decided to buy SPB Mobile Shell yet. My son says ANDROID is better and I should install that - hence my visit and my question.

(By the way - reading some of the threads - I have to disagree with those who say AVOID the TG01, buy the HTC - my son dumped his HTC - I have had this TG01 since August 2009 and being able to see what is in effect a Toshiba mini touchscreen TV in HD for all the apps I use is FANTASTIC - so don't knock the TG01)

Thanks
sure potentially, android is better than wm (i think it is better, but ppl have differnt views)

your son maybe didnt do alot of research then
android here is like, 10% complete... like nothing is working yet.. you cant even lock the phone, make calls, wifi etc..

if you are not looking on to buying a new phone, it makes sense to spend moneyon spb shell which would transform te expierence if your tg01

or course you ca try many of the great roms on the forum, which have better UI's than SpB (sense) and are free

till then, you can aways wait for android etc, but to simply put it, i highly highly doubt there will be any more progress on android.. the last update on the project was back in november.
Google Nexus 4 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.4
Advent Tegra Note 7 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.2
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!

stevie768
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCurby View Post
Hi

Thanks
TG01 has a new website which could help you out we are currently restarting the android builds and we seem to have more drivers to help us than before please go to toshdevs.nyl.ro/ and follow the site android will certainly be completed on there oh and say i referred you if you join