This is just a quick way to switch between bootloaders. Most people are downloading ~150MB to upgrade to downgrade there bootloaders. This is a small 7MB for GB & 8MB for froyo download to help you flash just your boot loaders.
An example, you on froyo and want to install a custom CWM gingerbread ROM, you can now just download the gingerbread bootloader and flash it insted of flashing a full ROM.
Or, if you on gingerbread and wish to flash CM7 you need to downgrade, again insted of flashing a full ROM, just download the froyo bootloader and flash that
EZboot-Froyo-1.0.tar.md5 - FroyoInstructions:
EZboot-GingerBread-1.0.tar.md5 - GingerBread
Remember this flashes the bootloader, if it fails it means you might be trouble.
- Download the right version from section above
- Reboot your phone into Download mode
- Connect your phone to computer
- Run EZOdin
- Select EZboot-Froyo-1.0.tar.md5 or EZboot-GingerBread-1.0.tar.md5as a PDA file in EZOdin
- Check the "Phone Bootloader Update" checkbox
- Click Start
- Wait until phone reboots and make it reboot into Recovery
- Flash a custom CWM ROM
GingerBread - Froyo