[BOOTLOADER] gingerbread & froyo up/downgrading the easy way

Search This thread

nitr8

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 24, 2006
Switzerland
ezboot.png

This is just a quick way to switch between bootloaders. Most people are downloading ~150MB to upgrade to downgrade there bootloaders. This is a small 7MB for GB & 8MB for froyo download to help you flash just your boot loaders.

An example, you on froyo and want to install a custom CWM gingerbread ROM, you can now just download the gingerbread bootloader and flash it insted of flashing a full ROM.
Or, if you on gingerbread and wish to flash CM7 you need to downgrade, again insted of flashing a full ROM, just download the froyo bootloader and flash that :)

Downloads:

Instructions:
Remember this flashes the bootloader, if it fails it means you might be trouble.
  • Download the right version from section above
  • Reboot your phone into Download mode
  • Connect your phone to computer
  • Run EZOdin
  • Select EZboot-Froyo-1.0.tar.md5 or EZboot-GingerBread-1.0.tar.md5as a PDA file in EZOdin
  • Check the "Phone Bootloader Update" checkbox
  • Click Start
  • Wait until phone reboots and make it reboot into Recovery
  • Flash a custom CWM ROM

Screenshots:
gingerbread.png
froyo.png

GingerBread - Froyo

Last edited:

{Angel}

Mar 19, 2011
What bootloaders does each have? from what releases... Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

redstripes89

Nov 9, 2010
Stupid question:

The CM-installation instruction says that you have to be on a rooted froyo with CWM.
Are these requirements fullfilled by flashing the EZbase?
And does this mean I only have to make a nandroid backup, put the newest CM7-zip on my sdcard, flash EZbase, go to recovery and flash CM/ and... done?!

tt0204

Oct 29, 2010
Stupid question:

The CM-installation instruction says that you have to be on a rooted froyo with CWM.
Are these requirements fullfilled by flashing the EZbase?
And does this mean I only have to make a nandroid backup, put the newest CM7-zip on my sdcard, flash EZbase, go to recovery and flash CM/ and... done?!
Yes...The CM guide says froyo with CWM means froyo bootloader with recovery that has abilitiy to flash your own zips.

Btw thx NO3 (nitr8--nitrate XD). It's awsome. And which kernel is it?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

bududroid

Nov 4, 2010
Tangerang
I think its very risk if failed.. no download mode anymore and if the connection is unstabil this will break sgs ?..
But thanks for this.. :) you're good dev ..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ezboot.png

This is just a quick way to switch between bootloaders. Most people are downloading ~150MB to upgrade to downgrade there bootloaders. This is a small 7MB for GB & 8MB for froyo download to help you flash just your boot loaders.

An example, you on froyo and want to install a custom CWM gingerbread ROM, you can now just download the gingerbread bootloader and flash it insted of flashing a full ROM.
    Or, if you on gingerbread and wish to flash CM7 you need to downgrade, again insted of flashing a full ROM, just download the froyo bootloader and flash that :)

Downloads:

Instructions:
    Remember this flashes the bootloader, if it fails it means you might be trouble.
    • Download the right version from section above
    • Reboot your phone into Download mode
    • Connect your phone to computer
    • Run EZOdin
    • Select EZboot-Froyo-1.0.tar.md5 or EZboot-GingerBread-1.0.tar.md5as a PDA file in EZOdin
    • Check the "Phone Bootloader Update" checkbox
    • Click Start
    • Wait until phone reboots and make it reboot into Recovery
    • Flash a custom CWM ROM

Screenshots:
    gingerbread.png
    froyo.png

GingerBread - Froyo
    10ks nitr8,You're a magician
    CF kernel with CWM for GB
    SpeedMod kernel with CWM for froyo
    NIT you are a GOD