OP superman_legendary

21st May 2011, 10:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 55

148 posts
Donate to Me
More
As many of you'll know by now the Nook Color stock cable tip break easily and a stock replacement is expensive. To top it off its the ONLY cable that will fast charge your Nook Color. Well I have some good news. After writing a bad review of the cable on their website after my second one bent which I had to pay $30 for since the cable wasn't available separately then. I talked to a Barnes and Noble worker and they gave me this number:

1.Call 1-800-The-Book and go digital products from the prompts then Nook Color.

You must have your serial number and the email you registered your Nook with. When you talk to a representative tell them you need a replacement cable for your Nook Color. After you give them your information they will ship you a new one completely free.

2. The fastest way is to go to or call your local Barnes & Noble and tell them you heard that if you bring a broken Nook Color cable in they could replace it for free.

Both methods worked for me but I'm 100% sure method one should work if and when you need a new cable.

Hope this helps everyone.
Last edited by superman_legendary; 21st May 2011 at 11:46 PM.
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to superman_legendary For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2011, 11:01 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 55

148 posts
Donate to Me
More
Can a moderator please sticky this. A thanks push is appreciated also if the info helped you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to superman_legendary For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2011, 01:39 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

41 posts
Im calling right now...thanks...let u know if it work for me.
22nd May 2011, 03:32 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

41 posts
thank u so much man, u just saved me 30$$ ...
23rd May 2011, 01:31 AM   |  #5  
Flag South Texas
Thanks Meter: 28

683 posts
More
Gonna give it a try.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
23rd May 2011, 06:31 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
More
Thank you so much, I cracked my cable about 1 day after I got it and it's been funky ever since.
That's the only gripe I have about this product, the cable is ghey... but I just did it and it was free, thanks!
23rd May 2011, 07:28 PM   |  #7  
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 1

61 posts
More
I've never register my nook and I have CM7 on it now. How can I register or can I register over the phone? Thanks.
23rd May 2011, 11:19 PM   |  #8  
Flag Ohiopolis
Thanks Meter: 186

813 posts
Ha, I'm surprised anyone needs these instructions--I'm about the worst person in the world for following up on warranty, rebates, servicing and the like, but when the corner chipped off the mini-USB plug casing after 3 weeks ownership, the first thing I did was look up the customer service number. I had to call them back because of some glitch with the computer recognizing my warranty, but a replacement should be on the way.

The old cord is still functional and they don't want it back, so I guess I have a backup.
24th May 2011, 12:09 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 6

78 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taosaur

the corner chipped off the mini-USB plug casing after 3 weeks ownership

Same thing happened here, inside of the first week of use, and pieces continue to fall off.
24th May 2011, 06:23 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 60

571 posts
More
This works, it took 5 mins over the phone and he will send me both the usb cable and charger, he asked me if the charger worked, I told him it takes forever to charge and he said he will send me both just in case free of charge. It takes 3-5 days for usb cable and 10 days for both. Who cares its free. Thanks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
money saving, nook cables
Previous Thread Next Thread